DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] StarX Katanas

StarX

I don't really feel like connecting the blade to the Mythic Dawn cult. It is a paladin type blade, whereas Mythic Dawn can hardly be called a knightly order methinks. Though the name is defenitely suggestive now that you mention it and as it's a RPG, you can always pretend there is somekind of connection (maybe Mankar used to be a noble knight before becoming Mehrunes puppet). :yes:

Now that I think of it, OOO (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) also adds a vampire slaying blade called The Light of Dawn. Though that blade also has nothing to with Mythic Dawn. :lmao:

It's funny to me that Manni links it in his mind that way, because to me, his points seem to work the other way lol, but them I am strange, one could assume that "Dawnbreaker" was used to "break the Mythic Dawn". The play on words with its name is endless for anyone who is RPing their character even a little.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a drastic change to the Dragon Katana's as I wasn't satisfied with the textures applied on the guard. They looked a bit messy, so I decided to go with something more stylish in design. The Green Dragon is now steel colored instead of gold, to make it stand out more from his Red Dragon cousin.

Hope you also like them better this way. smile.gif

If you connect the swords to an existing quest or property, what happens if the player has already past that stage or own that property etc. I don`t mind purchasing them Star. My char, is cruising around with alot of gold and basically nothing to do with it all. :lmao:

No worries, mate. I won't mess with any quests, as far as I can tell they will all be for sale at a special vendor. Need to scout for a location soon...

It's funny to me that Manni links it in his mind that way, because to me, his points seem to work the other way lol, but them I am strange, one could assume that "Dawnbreaker" was used to "break the Mythic Dawn". The play on words with its name is endless for anyone who is RPing their character even a little.

Interresting! I agree that people should roleplay with the swords the way they want to. :yes:

I made a drastic change to the Dragon Katana's as I wasn't satisfied with the textures applied on the guard. They looked a bit messy, so I decided to go with something more stylish in design. The Green Dragon is now steel colored instead of gold, to make it stand out more from his Red Dragon cousin.

Both changes look good to me :lmao:, definately helps seperate them some more and make them feel unique :yes:

Well thats also true, maybe make it a weapon purchasable via a Blade in Clour Ruler Temple?, seeing as they would be the ones to 'break the dawn', and that would work for how my Mythic Dawn cultist would get it, as he often raids the temple taking with him heads as trophies, perfect way to get it. :rofl:

Actually, do you have a merchant in mind for selling the blades?, because I have a merchant mod thats on hold at the moment due to the challenges, if you want, your welcome to use him, he has all his factions worked out, and is open for use, do you want him?, his weapon is a Katana and he is a retired blade, so a little lore connection if you were to use him? :yes:

Well thats also true, maybe make it a weapon purchasable via a Blade in Clour Ruler Temple?, seeing as they would be the ones to 'break the dawn', and that would work for how my Mythic Dawn cultist would get it, as he often raids the temple taking with him heads as trophies, perfect way to get it. :D

Actually, do you have a merchant in mind for selling the blades?, because I have a merchant mod thats on hold at the moment due to the challenges, if you want, your welcome to use him, he has all his factions worked out, and is open for use, do you want him?, his weapon is a Katana and he is a retired blade, so a little lore connection if you were to use him? :)

Another good idea, Manni. And thanks for offering your merchant, I appreciate that! But alas. I've decided to create a brand new vendor with a new shop for it. Still thinking about a decent location though! :D

New favorite for grond called "Ritual" ! Keep it up, Star!

Thanks Grond!

I like the changes and love the new sword :D, Definately keep it up, I am patiently waiting for this release :thumbup:

Thanks IS! :D

:thumbup: I have been drooling over the updated katana's and the new one all day at work! They are gorgeous!

Location? purhaps if you could find an out of the way location on the side of a road like DR suggested? Only those that brave the dangers of the road are worthy, etc.

Would love to see a little roadside shack off on its own selling blades! biggrin.gif

Sounds like a plan to me! :thumbup:

:D I have been drooling over the updated katana's and the new one all day at work! They are gorgeous!

Location? purhaps if you could find an out of the way location on the side of a road like DR suggested? Only those that brave the dangers of the road are worthy, etc.

Oh thanks Si-Shen! smile.gif I'm just happy people like the blades! And the roadside shop sounds like a good idea indeed.

How about upon the site of the ruined all things alchemical? [if you dont know it, its on the road from Pell's Gate to Cheydinhal :D ]

Good idea, Manni! :D Though building upon it would maybe mess up other mods. But there's enough room next to that place. So I guess I found me a spot!

Sounds like a plan to me! :thumbup:

Oh thanks Si-Shen! smile.gif I'm just happy people like the blades! And the roadside shop sounds like a good idea indeed.

Good idea, Manni! :D Though building upon it would maybe mess up other mods. But there's enough room next to that place. So I guess I found me a spot!

they look great!

Yup looks suitable for darker characters like members of the DB for example :D, I think your gonna end up making swords suitable for any character type, which is great XD

Any chance of getting one maybe more fitting for an orc character, well the more brutish character anyway :)

Hm, I think it's pretty hard to make these katanas look brutal. I will give that a try though, but I have a few others that I want to make first. smile.gif

Well brutish i was thinking, damaged ie scratched and possible blood stained. I was trying to think of a way it could look without adjusting the model, since StarX has not got to modelling yet :D

This doesn't really fit well with the rest of the katanas. However, I will make you one nevertheless. Because it sounds like fun to make and because you deserve it! And I won't take no for an anwser! XD

This doesn't really fit well with the rest of the katanas. However, I will make you one nevertheless. Because it sounds like fun to make and because you deserve it! And I won't take no for an anwser! XD

Oh sorry, did not realise you had a specific theme going with the katanas, I thought they were being design as you went along :D. Definately nice of you, thanks Star :)

Oh sorry, did not realise you had a specific theme going with the katanas, I thought they were being design as you went along XD. Definately nice of you, thanks Star :D

Well, not so much as a theme. But they have to look like they were newly crafted and a scratched and bloodstained Orc weapon isn't really along those lines. I will make a seperate release for it and it will go in a massive compilation pack later.

Well, not so much as a theme. But they have to look like they were newly crafted and a scratched and bloodstained Orc weapon isn't really along those lines. I will make a seperate release for it and it will go in a massive compilation pack later.

Oh yeah I see, new is better :). Well I am sure its something you will make look sweet like all these others, damn need to get a display rack for all the katanas. Yes thats right gonna buy them all :D

I Appreciate you taking on another katana XD

XD I was waiting for a black-red one!

Of course the black-red contrast works great, And the choice of decorating the sheath, instead of leaving it with the regular design adds to the regality of the blade. Until now, I also didin't notice that the pieces right below, and above, the hilt are also decorated. I think the only complaint anyone would think to say would be that the red might be a little too orange-red, but those would only be the picky people. Can't wait for yet another katana, Star!

As for brutish, mabye you could change the hilt shape? A four point star might work a bit better, I guess. But then again, you have been making katanas for alot longer than I have! :) Anyway, I glad that you are going to make another beautiful katana, so thanks Star :D

Some Hilt ideas.