DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

TES 5?

007matthew

THere is no offical annoncement of TES 5, but things we know:

Zenimax trademarked the name Skyrim.

Bethesda has no annonced games right now.

Bethesda Softworks is creating a game right now.

Things that might be true:

The game is set 200 years after oblivion (as said, then quickly removed, on the novel's homepage).

enimax Online may have a ES MMO in the works, there have been a few snippets that mention something of the kind.

Speculation:

Aparently Mircosoft want to release a next generation console 2011/2012, so TES 5 might be one of its first game (like oblivion was to Xbox 360)

So was it nothing more than baseless rumor that the next TES game is due in 2010? I distinctly recall it being mentioned in several threads but can't find any of them now because their search function is crap.

I really do hope they're not going to pin everything on another fancy TV gaming box. Consoles make me sick. I guess the days of good PC gaming are finally dead :D

Todd Howard has said in several interviews that Bethesda does intend to do an Elder Scrolls 5. They do recognize that the ES series is their financial powerhouse; not doing another Elder Scrolls game would be a bad business decision. If Oblivion had done poorly in sales, they could justify retiring the series, but that's not the case.

However, from what I've seen there's been nothing but rumor and speculation from the community about when it will be announced and where it will take place. Bethsoft is staying pretty tight lipped about what's in the works. I would wager that we will hear about the next ES title long before it ever releases, that's just good marketing, and something Bethsoft has a history of doing (ie opening forums for speculative chat before a title releases). I think it's possible we may see an announcement this year but not sure we'll get to play it this year. :D

One sign that an announcement may be coming is the renewed focus on ES in the Beth Blog. They've started a regular ES trivia in the blog and I think that could be a lead in to new ES action in the near future.

Even publishers are worried about release dates. :cookie4u:

True, but, things aren't quite as hectic as for the developers, working against a deadline. :cookie4u: I don't think the financial issues are quite as acute for a publisher that doesn't get the game "on time", as they are for a developer that runs past the 'scheduled' release date.

• 3 weeks later...

Like Vasquez said in Aliens: "Look, man. I only need to know one thing: does it come with a construction set!?"

Fallout New Vegas seems to be a very tactical move serving two purposes: To jump in on their own bandwagon (moneywagon?) as Fallout 3 was a financial succes and by bringing in a team that worked on the previous Fallout games they will probably get more possitive responces from the "Oldschool" Fallout community, raising Bethsofts credibility as the publisher of Fallout. The first one is probably most important though.

I do hope they bring some stuff they introduced in Fallout 3 to TES 5. Vanilla Fallout is a better game in many ways than vanilla Oblivion.

Clearly there is a market for TES V

The issue is how/when to be ready to tap into the $$$$$$$$

Do they wait for a new generation of hardware

Do they wait to launch with a new kind of game box

Do they wait for the economic tides to change

But any way you look at it,

With Vegas on the marketing boards,

Tes 5 will take another 2 years before its a possibility.

I would certainly hope that TES 5 would take advantage of Direct X11 if the release year is at least a couple of years ahead (and this seems to be a safe bet).

The parent company, ZeniMax Media, is also settling down after its acquisition of id software - which is busy with the open beta of Quake Live. It takes time to smooth out transitions.

• 2 months later...

One Problem, Will they really up the graphics like they did from morrowind to oblivion or

Will they keep the engines current graphics (Fallout) to make certain the consoles run it without too many problems..

I really hope they don't, I really would like extra eye candy...

• 3 weeks later...