DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP/RELZ] Varlasel

Vouivre

5 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see?

• Quests
    • Unique Weapons and armor
    • Spells and books
    • Towers and hanging gardens
    • other(fill this in yourself)

Varlasel

Welcome to Varlasel, a large Ayleid home based high up in the Jerral Mountains near Dive Rock. The house contains multiple cells,(total of 7) and each chamber is far bigger than I could have imagined it becoming. Still a work in progress, the home will have many features. These include:

Spellmaking

Enchanting

Training area

Bedrooms for at least five companions- This may grow up to 10 rooms for companions.

Throne room

A beautiful view where you can see the sun rise and set in spectacular settings.

A teleporter system to each guild hall and the Arcane University

These have already been build and all ready in the initial release. There will be many more features that will be included in the home. This is my first mod, and it will continually grow until I am satisfied with it's condition.

Requirements:

latest patches both official and unofficial: I have them installed, shouldn't be an issue, but have it anyways.

Probably Shivering Isles, care was taken into not using anything from it, but just to be safe.

Recomended mods:

A training dummy mod- any will do, the ones that let you train your skills with dummies

Where this can be downloaded:

TES Nexus

More locations will come in time don't worry

Progress Report:

Beta release: Construction complete, all cells accessible all containers for storage in place. May add even more later!

Spellmaking: 100%

Enchanting: 100%

Training area: 100%

Companion section 85% and path grids(to be done near end)

Throne room: 100% birds added for extra beauty

Treasury with altars for mannequins: 100% This is plenty fine enough maybe tweaking later on but not likely

Player's own bedroom: 98% Some clutter, a couple things for atmosphere and it'll be done

Magic hall with teleporter system: 90% a little bit of clutter now has alchemy garden. Alchemy setup will come (cobl version will have static, unless I script my own setup in)

Weapons: 50% scarce

Path-grids for companions: 100% done in the main two chambers where companions are expected to remain. May do other cells

Books: 99% between clutter and containers/statics I have a lot to go here. I will leave plenty of room for Cobl books and even more for those who play with OOO/FCOM books. If there is not enough space, don't worry, I plan on making a library as another/addon to this mod.

Spells: 15% one spell is already inplace with scripts from the tome ready. five more books to go and with possibly four+ spells per tome.

Floating gardens and tower: 0% probable plan for "addon" independant mod.

Library: 0% probably addon independant mod as well.

Extras

OBSE: 0% Not sure if I will access this or not, be prepared.

Cobl- 0% When original is done the cobl version will be in the works.

Key- 0% plans of a locked home will be put in place. Spell or key debating on which to use.

Spell or item to let you teleport back home: 0% debating on this also researching scripts for it.

Quest: .1% Ideas up in the air, but only "quest" is getting all the spells that come with the home.

Other features not yet listed as they're still in debate of adding.

And more...

I would like to thank...

Ceano- for being so gracious in giving me the permission to use his Ayleid resources.

Lady li- for the beautiful birds of paradise

Meo- for the Ayleid clutter. Truly beautiful work on the textures.

And many many many others whom I'll properly give credits to when the final version is released. Without the resources this would not be as gorgeous as it is.

Bethesda- For making Oblivion

Bethesda Forums- Thank you everyone for the kind words and support and answering my questions

TES Alliance: Again for kind words and support

And many many many others whom I'll list pr

Myself: For being insane enough to go for such a large project for my first mod.

For the Oblivion Community for their overall unexpected enthusiasm towards the release of the mod.

What I would like from you..(if you would be so kind)

Help with ideas for quests, adventure, buying, source of quest way across cyrodiil. Npc's all ideas and help in making this possible is highly appreciated and welcome.

At nexus

I noticed you mentioned using OBSE, a note of caution: If you do not actually need OBSE then don't use it, it will add un-needed techicality and requirements to the mod, which could problably be avoided.

Other than that Congrats :P

I'm not sure if I'll NEED obse or not, I'd like to see how and where I can use it though. Expanding my spectrum of modding as a whole.

In any event, How would you guys like me to have the quest of the home done? Quest to find the key to the house, then find other goodies within it? or something more detailed?

I like this mod! I went almost everywhere in it(I mean walk/run not go too the bathroom)! Some doors need names. But i can't wait till it is fully done!

I'm working on the doors, small error on the update nothing TOO serious. Adding some books that add spells now. Already a note on the front doorstep(literally) I'll tweak these to look better later on. In the works now as we speak is the scripting for the spell tomes I have like 4-5 steps involving this in what i'm going through. The script is good I just need to edit and add and change as needed.

For quests, you can start small, like find a key ( maybe not to the main door, but to a door to a future annex? ), then as you become more familiar with quest-making build on that in the future with a deeper, evolving story. Ask yourself the Ws - who, what, etc - and put the answers aside, then lead us to those answers in a series of quests that become more complex as your skills develop.

I'm currently working on that now actually, general plotting and probably going to place a key to the main house in the first floor some wheres. I'll figure out the scripts for it and from there build on. The quests I think will probably tie in with a floating construction that I'm planning on building. Just trying to find the right resources to make it work. I'm debating on one floating isle or several small ones and one massive one.

Of course then again knowing me and how I like to push myself, I'll probably try to make this as huge as possible in terms of quests. Then again when I get my hands on the program I want from school and a tablet, I'll be working quadruple duty in adding more goodies. After I get home and have a bit of a rest, I'll be working on adding weapons to the house, and doing more spell books. Hopefully by the end of the day, another update possibly removing the lod file because I see no reason why it'd be used. aside from those trees I put inside.

You know best, and you have a plan, but take it from me: if you get small quests finished, you get to release them. If you work on an epic, it might bog you down until you turn away from it altogether. I've got 2 Wips that are haunting me in that way! Huge in my mind, massive amounts of work. Gathering virtual dust in my Documents folder. Had I released smaller versions, public prodding might have pushed me to continue with them.

Of course, you might be a better self-motivator than I. :rofl: Whatever you do, good luck!

You know best, and you have a plan, but take it from me: if you get small quests finished, you get to release them. If you work on an epic, it might bog you down until you turn away from it altogether. I've got 2 Wips that are haunting me in that way! Huge in my mind, massive amounts of work. Gathering virtual dust in my Documents folder. Had I released smaller versions, public prodding might have pushed me to continue with them.

Of course, you might be a better self-motivator than I. :thumbup: Whatever you do, good luck!

I like to think I'm a fairly motivated person as what i have for wip for this mod alone isn't that bad in terms of labor. Besides, for my first this is quite extensive. I was planning on ok a nice small simple house. Then the gamer in me said, why go so simple. As they say in Mythbusters- "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing." I believe that for a mod, if you're going to do something, do it big. I could tweak the throne room some, so everything is .000 snapped together. but eh, I'm learning as I go. the later cells are snapped together perfectly. What more can I say really? Sure, they can pick it apart in the CS, and see where the evolution of skill grew. I know it's in my "readme" on nexus somewheres, my first mod. It's not too shabby, sure it's not like the seaview where everything is perfect so to speak. But for my first it's perfectly fine for me. It'll just be my 'prelude' to what I'm setting myself up for.

• 6 months later...