DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Under the sign of the dragon Tamriel heightmaps

onra

Under the sign of the dragon - Tamriel heightmaps -

Tamriel Heightmaps dl, screenshots and more infos on Tes Nexus

Tamriel heightmaps on Nexus

This mod will try to create lore based/ friendly heightmaps of all provinces of Tamriel in the Tamriel worldspace . These heightmaps will be provided as modders resources, so that everyone is free to place his own mods in the different provinces using the heightmaps as a master...

this could be a complete region, a city, a playerhome...placing creatures or whatever...the idea is to have the provinces playable right from the start and getting them more and more interesting by new content added by new created mods....

So far heightmaps of Black Marsh, Valenwood/Elsweyr and Summerset Isles have been released...

All provinces (heightmaps) will be provided modular and get basic lorefriendly regions including trees, large rocks,landscape textures, map data, weather, sounds and generated pathgrids..lod textures and meshes will be provided of course as well...

this way the provinces will be fully playable right from the start and it will be more fun to explore them....also if somebody creates new locations using the heightmaps it will not look like being placed in the middle of nowhere..

Note ! Every province will have just 1 or 2 basic regions...more detailed regions, architecture , creatures etc etc will hopefully be added by other teams.....or not ;-)

The heightmaps are fully compatible with Ilianas Deserts of Anequina and TR The island of Stirk....

Note ! Ilianas mod will be required for the Valenwood heightmap but not work as a master anymore...instead a patch is provided :-)

Hammerfell, High Rock and Skyrim will come next...

Morrowind will be the last as I have just started to learn how to use TesAnnwyn which will help me to place a rescaled Vardenfall heightmap more lorefriendly than it is possible with the CS.

have fun

onra

In the process of exploring Blackmarsh and Valenwood, but I can't wait to see these... just the thought makes me itch to bring up the CS once again. :D

thx...indeed it would be nice to have some people more modding the new regions... started myself with the town and region of Firsthold ( northern part of the eastern isle of summerset)...but I am planning to create create plugins for all provinces later on....

have fun :pints:

This is fantastic! Gonna download this and find a location to recreate in one of the lands. If several modders take advantage of this resource, there will be a whole lot of exploring to do in the future! :D

beside the idea of having the other provinces of Tamriel playable, Cyrodiil was just to packed ...even placing a single tower or village was nearly impossible without conflicting with different mods....

so hope you have fun exploring and maybe modding the new regions :-)

cheers

beside the idea of having the other provinces of Tamriel playable, Cyrodiil was just to packed ...even placing a single tower or village was nearly impossible without conflicting with different mods....

so hope you have fun exploring and maybe modding the new regions :-)

cheers

Yeah, Cyrodiil becomes pretty stuffed after a while. Now that I have finished my katanas I want to take a shot at modding one of the new lands. What's the recommended method for adding new stuff to the new lands without directly changing the main ESP?

Yeah, Cyrodiil becomes pretty stuffed after a while. Now that I have finished my katanas I want to take a shot at modding one of the new lands. What's the recommended method for adding new stuff to the new lands without directly changing the main ESP?

hey...

you have to esmfy the heightmap of your choice using wrybash..then it can be used like any other master file...just keep in my mind that you always have to esmfy the master before working on it and espfying it before playing or ingame testing...( goes very quick and easy with wrye bash)

for Valenwood/ Elsweyr things are a bit more complicated ...if you want to mod in Valenwood or the rest of Elsweyr ( not covered by Ilianas mod) you have to use all 3 files as a master 1. Valenwood.esp 2. ElsweyrAnequina.esp 3 Valenwood_AnequinaPatch.esp

regards

I'm thinking of starting on Arenthia in Valenwood. It's relatively close to the border of both Elsweyr and Cyrodiil. I already tracked down the cells of it's location. And I found some nice modders resources to spice things up! This should be fun! :cookie4u: