DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Summon Merchant Spell

ZuTheSkunk

== Description: ==

(My English is not perfect, just warning.)

Have you ever been annoyed of becoming over-encumbered in the middle of dungeon and forced to sell all your treasures in order to continue your journey? Well, I've been too, and I thought that I can get rid of it by creating a spell, which summons merchant to us. So, here it is.

To get that spell, you must read a book, just like in Spell Tomes DLC (which is not required for this mod). You can get this book by two ways:

- Buying it in Rindir's Staffs from Imperial City Market District (if it's not in his stock, then try a proper dialogue option);

- Getting it for free from Mages Guild buildings in Leyawiin, Anvil and Skingrad - it will lie on some bookshelves (or at least it should).

Once you've get the spell, you can summon the merchant, which will talk to you after a short while - just like in Summon Haskill spell. She will offer you recharging and repairing your items, selling spells, potions, lockpicks, repair hammers and arrows, and obviously buying your treasures without any gold limit - even the stolen ones. For that last one, you're able to check your actual amount of sold stolen items in any time, just by clicking proper dialogue option.

== DOWNLOAD: ==

TES NEXUS: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30302

Planet Elder Scrolls: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=444452&id=6155

== Installation: ==

Put those files in their proper locations (if any of these folders doesn't exist, then just create them or put right folders instead):

- Oblivion/Data/Meshes/staffs/teststaffnull.nif

- Oblivion/Data/sound/voice/SummonMerchantSpell.esp <-- that's a name of folder, just put it in "voice" folder.

- Oblivion/Data/SummonMerchantSpell.esp

After this, just open a game launcher, click "Data files", and then mark name of this mod by "X". Then you just need to click OK and launch the game.

I you think that the original Merchant's stats - 65000 gold and low Mercantile skill - are some sort of cheating, then you can use optional, "More Balanced" version, which gives her only 1200 gold and Expert skill of Mercantile. Just use this ESP file instead.

== Un-installation: ==

Just delete all files listed above.

== Required modifications, DLC-s or expansions: ==

None. It's better to have Shivering Isles expansion for this mod, but it's not required - you'll be just unable to buy spells from this expansion.

Although, I wish to leave a little information for you: if you're annoyed of Merchant's comments while selling the items, I suggest to use this mod. It will help for other merchants as well.

== Compatibility: ==

This mod should work fine with most part of the other mods. The exception is for mods, which changes:

- Bookshelves in Mages Guild from Skingrad, Leyawiin or Anvil;

- Common greetings, because I've added one function to them to prevent Merchant from talking greetings not supposed to her.

== Known Issues: ==

* Merchant may wear every torch-like item from other mods, if you'll sell it to her (like glowing staffs from OOO, for example). There is some possibility that when you sell her a helmet for the first time, then she'll wear it during next summoning - but after that, she should wear her hood again.

* Sometimes Merchant begins to disappear before she's able to talk to you. If it happens, just talk to her before she fully disappear.

== Change log: ==

* 1.00 - Initial release.

* 1.01 - I've decided to turn back communicate "added to your spell list" into "added", since this communicate affects not only spells, but also an abilities.

* 1.02 - Now she sells also lockpicks, repair hammers and arrows, and her gold has been turned to 65000 instead of 65535.

* 1.03 - Now the problem of wearing items from player should be prevented, except for torches from other modifications. Also, the possible problems with finding the book should gone, because Rindir should always offer a dialogue option about buying the book (at least until you buy it once). Furthermore, Merchant's stock should reset from time to time, so items you've sold to her should disappear after some time.

* 1.04 - Fixed the "I HAVE NO GREETING" problem for Shivering Isles, and added a possibility to check actual amount of sold stolen goods. Also, there's "More Balanced" version available now (see Installation part for details).

Edited by ZuTheSkunk

one minor suggestion - - -

Rename the readme file to include the name of your mod (so other readme.txt files from other mods don't overwrite it)

Hm, ok - I'll keep it in mind.

I thought that the readme file is usually opened directly from archive file, not after extracting it together with other files. :)