DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Relz] - Alchemist for Hire

Cydonian_Knight

Alchemist for Hire

Version 1.0

This mod adds an alchemist that you can hire to do your potion creating for you, in order to enhance roleplaying.

Download at -

TES Nexus

TESAlliance

Version: 1.0

Date: 2/24/2010

Category: Miscellaneous/Shop

Author: Cydonian_Knight

=================

Requirements:

=================

Oblivion 1.2.416

Shivering Isles

Oblivion Script Extender.

Homepage: http://obse.silverlock.org

Universal Silent Voice (Or you can generate your own silent Mp3 files, if you prefer not to use this mod)

=================

Description:

=================

This mod allows you to create player-made, custom potions without using your character's alchemy skill at all. This mod is meant for roleplayers who do not want custom potions, but don't want their character to use their alchemy skill. I got the inspiration for this mod while playing a pure warrior character and realizing how different the game is without the ability to make your own potions. The potions that you find in ruins or the ones you can buy are not nearly as powerful or interesting as the ones you can make. But, since I was roleplaying a warrior, I refused to touch Alchemy at all. And so I decided to make this mod.

This mod adds a vendor just to the right of the Kvatch Encampment that you can fund and hire. The vendor then lets you create player-made potions, but without using or increasing your alchemy skill. You will then need to buy the potions that you created from the vender. Thus, you have a roleplay-friendly way to create custom strength potions.

=================

Details:

=================

The vendor is located just to the right of the Kvatch Encampment, in a small valley at the base of the Kvatch Cliffs.

After hiring the vendor, he will set up an Alchemist shop. In this shop, there is a request form that, when activated, will let you make potions using the default alchemy menu. When you are done creating potions, they will be transfered to the inventory of the vendor, from whom you can buy them.

The strength of the potions is based on the skill of the vender. You can increase the power of the potions you make by this method by increasing the vender's skill, and the level of apparatus he uses. Both of these factors are increasable via a dialogue option.

=================

Installation

=================

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data

folder.

2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the .esp file(s).

=================

Un-Installation:

=================

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).

2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

=================

Incompatibility:

=================

This mod should be compatible with everything. The only thing that would cause an incompatibility is another mod that edits the same cell that this mod does (-35,-7), but I am not aware of any that do.

=================

Known Issues:

=================

None known

=================

History:

=================

2/24/2010 - 1.0 - Initial Release

=================

=================

I can be found on Bethsofts forums, TES Alliance, and The Engineering Guild as Cydonian_Knight. On TES Nexus, I am Cydonian Knight. You can reach me in any of these places.

=================

Credits:

=================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.

helborne for his Alchemy Chart resource

Meo for the bookset, open books, globes,

Trollf for the Robe and Staff resource

Giskard for the retextured building

Daleth for the Ingredient Storage Shelf resource

Darkrider for his Celtic Decor and Celtic Decor II resources

shadeMe for lots of scripting help

The TES Alliance Beta Testing Guild, and in particular Joben, for beta testing this mod.

Thanks to InsanitySorrow for the custom sign retexture and for his ReadMe Generator this file is based on.

=================

Tools Used:

=================

Insanity's ReadMe Generator

Elderscrolls Construction Set

GIMP

NifSkope

TES4Gecko

TES4Files

=================

Licensing/Legal:

=================

You must contact me and obtain my permission before re-packaging any part of this mod. Almost all of the resources used in this mod are created by others, so check with their authors before using the resources used in this mod.

One would almost hope that this would be COBL compliant so you could make potions from any ingredient from your modlist.

This is definitely compatible with COBL, and any ingredient you get from COBL can be used to make potions using this system. What this basically does is allow you to access the default alchemy menu and create potions the default way, it just won't increase your alchemy skill and you will have to buy the potions you make from the shop keeper. So you can use any ingredients added from any mods :hugs: