DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Future: What's going to be the best part?

YX33A

Well, as cool as these things are, I'm guessing a way to get good food anywhere, any time, with next to no cost, would be second on my list. Like that thing in the movie version of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, that would be my secondary choice on the most awesome part of the future. A cure for World Hunger, and the Munchies.

• 2 weeks later...

stands alone on his soapbox for a few minutes, then steps off to join the crowd "I just want a pair of plasma shears to help trim hedges and weeds. That would make my life sooo much easier!" grins widely hoping he will be accepted.

A plasma hedge trimmer? Oh my, I hope it doesn't hurt. Us hedges are sensitive folk, you know! :)

Me, I want to live on a flat in Marseille with Bilbo because we just love France and-- Oh, wait. We're talking the distant future. Well, I suppose I'll settle for eternal youth in a distant world dominated by peaceful aliens (with pointy elf ears and the odd ability to secrete honey, of course). :)

I'd love to experience real virtual games, without wielding glasses.

Around 10 years ago, there was a place in my city called "Virtual Buzz", there were a couple of virtual games there. One of those was a boxing game. It was awesome. :)

Turn your head and the game turns, crouch and the game crouch, give a punch and you see 3D arm punching.

There was another place, called "Virtual World" that offered two types of virtual games. A sci-fi racing game and a kill 'em all game with robots, à la Mechwarrior. What was very nice, was that the game was played in a cockpit. The front side of your cockpit displayed the screen (A very big screen!) and the cockpit was motion sensored.

You could feel your robot advancing, or your car making a speed turn.

Too bad, those two businesses didn't last long. Too expensive to maintain. :)

Right, so, real virtual games in the future! I would LOVE to play a Silent Hill game in a virtual reality. Or Left 4 Dead in a virtual reality. That'd be awesome. :P

• 2 months later...

Rather late in the day, but I've just spotted this thread...

Me three...and hover boards/cycles. How about a gizmo that takes your dirty pots,pans,dishes,etc. grinda them up and dispenses new,clean replacements.

Let me just say "hmmm" in an unimpressed tone: not at you, but that when I was growing up, the 21st century was constantly touted not just as The Future but a future featuring hover cars, robot butlers and groovy silver clothes. Now the 21st century is most definitely here, my car has wheels and a petrol engine instead of a nifty nucyooler reactor, my clothes still seem to be made of cotton and the like instead of some whizzy Apollo super-material and I have to wash my own dishes, at least if I can't persuade my partner to do them, and who isn't a robot anyway.

Bah, I say. Bah.

As a postscript, even our vision of the future is dull: I mean go back to Dr Who and Space: 1999 and Blakes 7 and the future looked, well, futuristic. Today, the future looks like something designed by accountants.

Bah.

Wrist mounted computer? I call that an iPhone and some duct tape.

It turned out that the human body is more complex then we first thought...so duplicating with a robot is hard.

I can have dispoable silver clothes (made of tin foil!)....why cant you? :salute:

And hovercars just havent been invented :rolleyes: gotta work on that sometime...

I guess back then we thought that in the future here we would be smarter and figure out this junk.....we need another eistien to be born to solve more mystrious of the universe.....then it might be better.