DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Help with model

knightofvain

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/6980-what-am-i-doing-wrong-in-blendernifskope-for-this-to-be-transparent/ screenshot in nifskope, applied a texture, i can see through the model to the other side of the model, i heard something about the faces being inside-out? so if you know how to fix this, please teach me, i'm just learning modeling. Thanks for any help.

Might be your model's normals. If you can see the texture, but it's on the inside instead of the outside, then it's a case of inverted normals.

You can try: Mesh> Face Normals.

If you have the newest Nifskope, I hear tell that Flipping's been added. Look for Mesh> Flip Normals.

Hope it works! :lmao:

Yes! I was going to suggest that you carefully inspect it in Blender, and double check every aspect of those parts that export invisible. But I didn't know which program you favored. I favor Blender.

Let me know how it goes. :lmao:

Face normals in Nisfkope should be enough.

If not, import in Blender, go to edit mode, select all and press ctrl + N to face normals outside, or W and select Flip normals, or ctrl + shift + N to face them inside.

Also, in editing panel there's a button called Double sided that is pressed by default which you can turn off to be sure. And your mesh will be single sided.

Knightofvain, the advice from grond and washington hopefully will solve your problem. If it does not, please make a screen shot of your .nif with the object filling the NifSkope render window. The larger image will help us to see the problem more clearly.