DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPZ]Amarantha

Vouivre

Additions  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see put in before release?

• Caves
    • Fort Ruins
    • Ayleid ruins
    • Statues/other landmarks
    • Natural landmarks and landscapes
    • Dungeons
    • Cities/villages/towns
    • other

Of Shadow and Earth

And for those here who know me, yes I like to push myself. And I am going to need your support guys. As they say" This one's for you."

The idea of this came, last year while I was working on my final project for college. Funny how things work out, now this will be fifth mod. Strange how fast time goes by. I have thus far Varlasel, Memoria(newly released on TESA), A small cottage(also on TESA), and soon the Union between Varlasel and Memoria. This will be far larger than Varlasel, infact I may even place a form of it(much much more beautiful) in this new mod.

A new world space, that will be vast of course I will try to push towards the absolute max that the construction set will allow. If I cannot fit all that I wish, within that world space, then more will follow. Never the less, I am still in the planning phases, however I am not far from opening up the CS and begin work. Of course I cannot compete with the beauty those before me have created, however I plan on making this work and be perhaps the biggest thing I will ever create. I plan on making this as visually stunning as I humanly can, and it will abuse my PC to the absolute limits. For now the realm will consist of a few regions/landscape types. There will be the following: Forest, Dark Forest, Swamp, Marsh, Desert, Wasteland, Mountains and many more

Region Descriptions:

Forest- Much like near Chorral, but more wooded and more natural feeling(try to anyways). It will be a quieter region, though there will still be hidden dangers.

Dark Forest- Whether burnt trees, or just an overall darkened forest that just does not feel comfortable, or it is dark, because sunlight cannot pierce the trees.

Swamp- A true swamp, the water will be there and a lot of trees to walk around and across.(since we don't have sink hole traps.. can't implement that)

Marsh- Flat lands with some brush, just a lot of grass and wet land. Expect to find some hidden things here.

Desert- Arid land with tons of sand, what secrets lay beneath the sand? Who knows.

Wasteland- Parched earth with no signs of being friendly. Poison gas, an eerie fog settles across the land. Truly not a welcome place

Mountains- What world is complete without mountains, they'll be the majestic spine and ridges in the realm. These regions will hold many secrets.

There'll be very unique features in the realm, these include land bridges, crevices to climb down and explore. Who knows you might find some ruins within them. The entire world will be uniquely built with full manipulation of the land. There will be rivers, an ocean, islands, and waterfalls, these will be possibly one of the most difficult things to pull off but when done they'll be sights to behold.

Other things within the new world space:

Possibly outposts, or cities(debating on this)- These could have their own cells(much like vanilla) or be open cities... which would be interesting to try my hand at.

adding wild life

npc's – this would be the absolute last thing to do, I need to learn how to work them amongst other things.

Problem?

The absolute biggest problem with a mod this massive and ambitious is lag. I highly question if even my PC could handle the strain it will be put under. If worse comes to worse.. I might have to push my processer higher, get more ram, and double up on the video cards. Trying for a gig minimum if it comes to it.

As for other problems aside from the technical ones? Plenty

Not wanting to leave

Being lost

Overtaken by awe

wanting to make your home here permenantly

screen shot fever

and others I am sure... of courser I personally hope these are the problems people have... or rather the ONLY problems. That I create something so unique and beautiful, that people don't want to leave ever. Like it is an escape away from life, oblivion in general, gaming in general, a place to relax and enjoy.

Length of time to complete this in case someone is wondering.

I for see at least a solid year time of constant work. Of course college will take much of my time in the fall and next spring. However, on the off time I will be working on this and other things.

I am hoping that it is released before these things.

End of the world(period)

TES5

End of 2012(seriously I hope it does not take this long)

There maybe a few things that I may ask.

1.Help from any modders to help create the landscape or overall help with placement of world objects. Beauty is key here.

2.Help in general even if it's advice(which I'll need), encouragement(ditto on this I will need this), resources to add( forever hunting)

3.input from people for ideas on what to put in.

Now, what I have planned.

Before next semester I hope to have at least the following

Overall size done

Landscaping(terrain and height and such) started

texturing the landscape

some objects placed

Screenshots of progress IN game.

This will include probably an esp and esm file.. as this will double as a modder's resource.

Update: (no need in bumping it yet)

Having discovered yet more little things with Varlasel, I've decided to when this worldspace is done. Move the entire mod in there and start completely over. But I have plenty of ideas to begin work. I'm not fond of the worldspace editor too bulky for my liking but I've learned something while studying the Tamriel worldspace and the worldspace for Lands End. Now I have several ideas here that I'll be trying to put in, in some form or another. So here goes.

1. There will be mountain ranges, but there will be one island surrounded by mountains. Find a way through and there maybe something special hidden within.

2. Much like the island there is plans on adding a small hamlet nestled deep in the mountains. A small path leading through the mountains will lead you out. Also there maybe another region locked in ice within the mountains.

3. Three lakes which will be known as the Dragon Claw Lakes. three long narrow lakes which would look like the gash left from claws.

4. Ruins hidden deep within the wilds. As per inspiration from another mod(who only has the resources out for Aezeraka actually) there'll be a ruin hidden in a ravine/canyon. Giving players something to explore.

That's it for now for small ideas..

Update:

July 1

All higher altitude mountains regions are done. All that remains are the smaller mountains and Eden, perhaps adding a special island or two somewhere..

Currently in the works is planning and plotting out the vast open spaces. This will not take too long, as I already have ideas in mind to as what/where I want things to go. The more "tedius" work is coming to an end with drawing regions and such. The artistic aspect will be coming up. This includes blending in all of the areas where the regions connected and making it so that it looks a little more natural.

There'll be more updates down the road. If I knew how to do a status bar.. I would add one.

Edited by Vouivre

Advice: You might consider trying to get a team. You also may wish to divide the idea up into regions, tackle each region individually, and then release each one individually. Seeing the end result of your efforts in little bits will help keep you, your team, and the mod's users interested.

Encouragement: GREAT IDEA! YOU CAN DO IT!

:2cents: good luck.

I'm debating about wild life. I've been thinking about tinkering around with a "Wyvern" or two, since biologically wyverns are true dragons. When you look at anatomy, I'm thinking if it's possible adjust the skeleton for tes dragons to walk on the front of their wings, when at rest. If anyone has played Monster hunter, these would be called pseudo wyverns. Their movements would perfectly mimic how bats move naturally when walking. I do plan on putting some deer and stuff in. Last night I've had one image in my head, similar to lands end's stone arch. The sun setting and you're watching it set beneath the arch, the ray and beams of sun shining down, and the reflection of the sun on the water. I'm debating about a team, but being stubborn, I have an image and it is nigh impossible to convey the vision to others in words or art. Hopefully by the start of July I'll be working on things one quadrant at a time. I will however if anyone offers to help with this I have no qualms on taking up the help. I admit in some ways I feel better by tackling it on my own, for sake of humoring the hubris, pride and honor. But I also have no qualms on asking/accepting help either.

• 1 month later...

Nice to know I give the small sense of nostalgia to things. I think I just did the "easy" part, the hard part is finishing the rest of the land so i have it roughly how I want. I'm looking at maybe doubling the landsize and then adding some islands perhaps. It's slowly coming together. I'd have preferred to have been able to be able to do this all at once, but I cannot be too picky. Work with what i got.

It's so great to build a world. So satisfying when you finally get to go in game and explore what you've made. It's going to be a wonderful new land, Vou. Keep at it, keep on it, give us progress reports every week. Keep a log!

You might consider what Max said up there, and that was to get sections of the land finished and released. Or not - for me, it's the project that is the focus. If releasing is your goal, and you're more goal-oriented than I, you certainly should consider focusing on smaller releases. Gives you less of an enormous workload.

On the other hand, this is for fun, right? Let us know what you might need as far as new models, beverages, sandwiches, etc.

;)

Beverages, sandwhiches, cookies, support's all welcome. I might just work on the grid I have now starting with the little valley. Fill it in, get a marker for it and get some screenies going. I figure if I start in a fairly central location and branch out it'll be a lot easier to work with. I'll probably keep the "teasers" up by screenies. It is for fun, but also honors project(I got 1.5 years to get enough done to make it look presentable for the project lol) In a small way a thank you to the whole community.

• 1 month later...

Update, a very happy one at that.

Mod now has a name(if I can ever remember to spell it right)

Amarantha is the name of the new land, the overall scale has far exceeded (again) what I had plans on doing originally. As it stands right now, I am reasonably happy and comfortable with the scale of the landscape. Possibly larger than the shivering isles, the landmass being so vast will be made to have many types of terrain as stated before. Hopefully by christmas I will have a region completed and able to be shown to the masses. I plan on having it completed by the time I graduate from college(2012) If all works out well, i will be able to release before then and bugs/glitches aside will be able to release the project to the world. I do plan on continuing to work on it, what i will do with it as a whole, I'm not sure but overall I plan on making it a piece of art.

As for any help I need I need plenty in the coming weeks and months.

Any ideas and resources to point me towards to improve aesthetics is greatly appreciated.

After this semester(should it be accepted as my project) I'll gladly accept help on modifying the land, and overall making it a screenshot heaven.

With the talk of screen shots, for when this mod goes public, I'll be asking for screenshots from our very talented photographers here(you know who you are). I'd be greatly humbled by any and all screen shots that come from the land and define art.

Things are coming together, and as usual I never take the easy path, but this project will be one that priceless really in my mind. It's slowly bringing to light so many hopes and dreams that I may have visually for games.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I thought I would update my progress, though nothing has been done mod wise yet(persay) I've been plotting things out during my history class lectures(sad but I'm passing apparently). I've been heavily debating one small thing and that is where to put the first "city" Well to put it where I'd "like" to I'd have to do some more editing in the height map(far faster). I could put it in the northen region which gives me a lot more space to work with. As the main city would be huge. top portion of the city is the palace which would have gardens and the grand tower(actually a series of towers connected by bridges.. how I plan on doing this I'm not 100% sure but I have ideas) and each tower will have it's own small set of gardens. However the main palace will be isolated on a high tower, this tower will also include an ayleid subterranian section. This basically would be the Varlasel 2.0 I had mentioned about doing earlier. I plan on landscaping this region to have a lot of waterfalls and overall be as visually stunning as possible. Whether I add npc's or not I don't know. It could be an addon patch but the whole place will be for the time being made for aesthetics. But the city itself will move on down to the water where there'll be docks. I may leave the city part for other modders to play with.

The biggest thing I plan on doing is making the little "secluded circle" into an "eden" so to speak. Flowers, trees completely lush and full of life.

• 1 month later...

I thought this needed a small bumpage, as there is a major question I want to ask, and really it'll either hasten my progress or set me back a good day's work(from where I am now)

I have two maps, one is the height map already seen, and the other is a hand drawn map that is on here also titled armantha. Now which should I stick with to finish?

Armantha v1

Or

Armantha v2

Now here's the thing, Version one is "alright" as it is in terms of size, however technically it could be much prettier in terms of mountain placement and the like. Version two however the overall landshape is much prettier bout twice as large. I still do not know how I want to do the terrain or where/how I want to do the regions. So any input on this is gladly welcome.

Hmm, I think I prefer the second one to be honest As you say, it has a nice shape. Also, I can see something awesome being done with that tiny strip of land between the two sections, like a big road with a fortified market town essentially growing around it. As far as regions go, the only input I can give is that you divide it up logically (don't fall into the trap of "well I guess a desert could go there, and up there I could put..."). Looking awesome so far :rofl:

Thanks, I've been debating about the small strip. Ocean cutting a path and it be a land bridge. Or just build a series of waterfalls running down to the ocean. That's what I'm trying to avoid is the "this could go here, and that there" Climate's a pain on how I want to figure it out.

Right, I'm just debating on how I want to do things. I could knock down the mountains of the original, and do new. Would be easiest, quickest and might give me time(hopefully) do get it in or near beta by tes5. I do plan on releasing Armantha in some form or another, if not tes4, definitely tes5(better tools perhaps make far more beautiful scenery?)

Small Update:

Armantha is getting a new landmass added onto the old map. Nothing drastically huge, but large enough to have plenty of room to make what I want possible and enough to make the cs be aggravating. Once this landmass is added in and heightmap done up I'll be back to where I was.

Things that will be coming soon

Marshes/swamps snow swamp

savage garden(cemetaries for effect)

forests

snowfields

mountains

plains

and some little goodies hidden throughout.

I got the idea from a Magic the Gathering card. Snowy Swamp. Snow on the ground and lots of water. (excuse for water is geothermal activity) unless I can find a nice icy texture for the ground. Marsh will have little to no trees, Lots of poor terrain. I just need to find a small subplane of water so i can make a special little cave for the areas. I'm taking a small break(holidays and letting creativity recharge before going to get into doing region drawing