DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Improving my crappy RBP patches

YX33A

So, I'm sure that I could save myself a lot of trouble by just adding a racial ability to a race that checks when the save is loaded, and when it is, it runs a command that would only need to be run once per save load.

Currently my knowledge on how I can get SetRaceAlias to run when I want it to is limited to having it run on a scripted spell being cast.

SCN YX33ARaceRBPScriptThingy

Begin ScriptEffectStart

SetRaceAlias Race OtherRace

End

That's about what I know right now.

Even just having it run all of the time would be fine(also would save a few possible times that it wouldn't run).

So, what it comes down to is I need to know if ScriptEffectUpdate works on Racial Abilities, and for later runs, how can I get a racial ability to run a command once per save load?

Well, I know what it does. All I need is to know how to make sure I run it once per game load. Maybe I'd need some more OBSE stuff, but this is good enough for now.

SetRaceAlias is a personal godsend feature, as it makes one race register as another race. Say you want to hear some race specific greetings, just use SetRaceAlias (The Race you want to be seen as another race) (The race you want the first race to be seen as).

So, for a dunmer to be seen as a bosmer, one would do "SetRaceAlias DarkElf WoodElf".

As Will said you can use a quest script, but rather have it run every minute you can use GetGameLoaded to detect when the game is loaded then run what you need.

Begin GameMode
If (GetGameLoaded)
let Initialize := 0
If (Initialize == 0)
SetRaceAlias Race OtherRace
let Initialize := 1
Endif
Endif
End[/code]

This will run once when a game is loaded.