DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Jumble - Random Name Generator

Critterman

Not exactly an Oblivion mod, but I think it would certainly be useful for modders. I plan on using this for naming anything really, characters in my mods, names of cities, characters in my writing, anything really. Hope you guys find it useful as well :)

Download

Name: Jumble - Random Name Generator

Author: Critterman

Version: 1.1

Date: 7/15/2010

Requirements: Java JDK 6 (get it at: http://java.sun.com/)

===============

Description:

===============

After being stumped one too many times trying to think of the "right" name, I devised a solution: make a random name generator that never runs out of names! Jumble takes a list of consonants and vowels and scrambles them together randomly, multiple times, to create completely unique names. This, however, creates wild and out-landish names; though useful in some fantasy settings, there is also a need for more conventional names. That is why I also integrated a generator that randomly scrambles the most common male, female, and last names from the United States 2000 census. In the newest version I also added the option to randomly generate a title to go with your name (which can sometimes produce funny results). The possible combinations of both jumbled and conventional names is approx. 48,874,430,485,409,259,613,497 (48 sextillion). Even if you decided to name every grain of sand in all the oceans of the world, you would still have names left-over.

===============

Features:

===============

* Generate completely random names.

* Choose the complexity (length) of the names generated.

* Automatically splits names larger than 16 characters into two names (at a random point).

* Choose to randomize the complexity up to a certain point.

* Generate combinations of names from the United States 2000 census.

* Choose whether to generate female, male, or both names.

* Generate a random title from lists to go with your generated name (includes an adjective, a noun, or both).

* Generate one name at a time or in batches.

* Choose to save the results as you generate more.

===============

Bugs/Issues:

===============

Currently I have not encountered any bugs or issues while testing version 1.0 (and version 1.1). However, if you find one, then please contact me (see contact info) so I can fix it in the next version.

===============

Change Log:

===============

1.0 - 7/13/2010 - Initial Release

1.1 - 7/15/2010 - New Features

* Added the option to generate titles. (added adjectives.ini and nouns.ini)

* Added bolded and font sized text to the result box.

* Slightly altered consonants.ini.

* Updated help window.

See the readme for the rest.

Edited by Critterman

Updated with Version 1.1 with titles!

Really adds character to a faceless name. And sometimes its even funny, while testing I found these the funniest :wallbash: :

Ndeequa The Fumbling Torchbearer

Shew The Creepy Mistress

Mpeazeck The Bad Hatmaker

Thaigho The Smelly Jailor

Oimpeanthaw The Dead Poet

Ibeylc The Eager Fodder

Spietrew The Hypnotic Nanny

Ucheilm The Mindless Copyist

Bleaquoo The Deceased Electric eel

Teugrow The Twitchy Surgeon

Crai Meabrindeuclapreyv The Stereotypical Fortune Teller

Anyways I hope someone will find use for this. Or at least get a laugh off of it :)

Edited by Critterman

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried it and it looks like it could get a bit more improvement. Is it possible for you to enlarge the generated name window on the top so that we could see at least 10 names instead of the current 5. Or perhaps make it sizable so that it can be dragged down like normal window? Else, it's an insane tool: 48,874,430,485,409,259,613,497 (48 sextillion)... even Oblivion will struggle with using just 0,0000000001% of those as new NPC names.

• 12 years later...
On 7/24/2010 at 8:07 PM, Section_31 said:

I've tried it and it looks like it could get a bit more improvement. Is it possible for you to enlarge the generated name window on the top so that we could see at least 10 names instead of the current 5. Or perhaps make it sizable so that it can be dragged down like normal window? Else, it's an insane tool: 48,874,430,485,409,259,613,497 (48 sextillion)... even Oblivion will struggle with using just 0,0000000001% of those as new NPC names.

Hi guys

The current name window on top could benefit from enlargement, allowing us to see at least 10 names instead of 5. A resizable option, similar to a normal window, would be ideal. Nonetheless, this tool's vast name generation potential of 48 sextillion is mind-boggling.

On 7/24/2010 at 8:07 PM, Section_31 said:

Hi guys

The generated names could benefit from an expanded window, displaying at least 10 options instead of 5. It would be even better if the window was resizable, allowing for easier viewing. free fire name

Edited by Aliyaaii