DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Official TESA TESV Speculation and Info Thread

Witty

The Official TES Alliance Elder Scrolls V Speculation and Information Thread

Skyrim02-1.jpg

Perfect little spot for all of us to discuss the developing news and rumors we hear concerning TESV! No better way to get this topic started than by having Witty start it off!! His thread "Next ES Game" is our beginning!! Hopefully soon this will have a wonderful end!!!---Beana

Let the speculation begin!!!! Original Post by Witty:

Well now, that was an interesting read! :grr:

And what's even better - Todd: "One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us. It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now.

You know, if Pete Hines came in and said, "I want you to show it," I'd be like, "Okay, I'm ready to show it." But we've just decided for now not to yet."

So, it won't be long then! :P

I feel like a little boy on Christmas eve every time I read about new Bethesda Games! ;)

Eurogamer: Has he helped to solve any technical problems in your games?

Todd Howard: Not specifically. He's helped validate some of our thinking. So if we say, "Hey, this is how we're doing shadows, you're John Carmack, what do you think?" And he says, "You're going about it the right way," and he gives us some things to consider at a high level - things he's messed with in shadow filtering and so forth. It's up to us to go try that and see how it registers in our tech.

This BETTER mean they are finally working on shadows...

It's funny, they were just discussing this on the UESP forums & there is talk of TESV being another dumb MMO. I HOPE NOT!!!! Puh-leezzzze! There are way more than enough mmo's out there! I like the single-player aspect where I have more control over my game!

It's funny, they were just discussing this on the UESP forums & there is talk of TESV being another dumb MMO. I HOPE NOT!!!! Puh-leezzzze! There are way more than enough mmo's out there! I like the single-player aspect where I have more control over my game!

god i hate this MMO rumor, Bethesda have publically....many many many times said they arent, and never will, make an MMO.

An ES MMO is really unlikely, only because changing such a fundamental part of a game, mid-series, is a series killer. Bethesda makes too much money off the ES series to do something stupid like change a single player RPG into a tacky MMO on the fifth title. There would never be an ES VI. :)

An ES MMO is really unlikely, only because changing such a fundamental part of a game, mid-series, is a series killer. Bethesda makes too much money off the ES series to do something stupid like change a single player RPG into a tacky MMO on the fifth title. There would never be an ES VI. :P

I'm not sure it's really possible to overestimate business leaders' ability to make bad decisions: not that I'm saying they will go down the MMO route (I think they probably won't) but I've seen so many questionable decisions from various companies over the years that I think no amount of stupidity would really surprise me any more... maybe I'm just jaded. :)

While I don't think they'd make TES V an MMO, they're not doing themselves any favors by letting these rumors fester and annoy everyone. Someone over there really needs to just come out and say that this "secret project" of theirs isn't an MMO and put it to rest.

It would be best if they came out and said something, or atleast crushed the rumors.

I think an ES MMO would not have as much potential as some of the fans that are into MMO's think, due to the fact you either make it happen in the past (and bore people) or make it continue the story, and loose a LARGE part of your fan base.

I really do hope they announce something soon, because frankly, they have a really hot list of games to compete against coming up and going to next summer.

It would be best if they came out and said something, or atleast crushed the rumors.

I think an ES MMO would not have as much potential as some of the fans that are into MMO's think, due to the fact you either make it happen in the past (and bore people) or make it continue the story, and loose a LARGE part of your fan base.

I really do hope they announce something soon, because frankly, they have a really hot list of games to compete against coming up and going to next summer.

umm....they have. many times.

Pete and Todd have both come out and said that bethesda is not making an MMO...people just dont want to listen that though...they just ignore it cause they want and ES MMO.

Pete and Todd have both come out and said that bethesda is not making an MMO...people just dont want to listen that though...they just ignore it cause they want and ES MMO.

I don't recall seeing them deny it. I also haven't yet run into anyone who wants an ES MMO. There seems to be universal opposition to such an idea, not that that's ever stopped developers from making a mistake before.

I don't recall seeing them deny it. I also haven't yet run into anyone who wants an ES MMO. There seems to be universal opposition to such an idea, not that that's ever stopped developers from making a mistake before.

Those that I have seen (and they are few in number) that want an MMO, are MMO players, they don't fully understand the draw that the majority of players have to this type of game.

Example, there is a rumor about a Neverwinter Nights 3 game, some hope for an MMO, others not; they don't realize that MANY of us feel there are just WAY to many MMO's out there already, why do we need more?

But you are right, Dev's sometimes get that gleam in their eye, they say to themselves "we could crush WOW!" and fail to realize they likely will never be able to do that.

After all the 'multiplayer' threads on Beth's forums.... it really wouldn't surprise me if they didn't eventually release some variety of MMO. They do have an 'online' url registered. I haven't checked it lately to see if there are any doings there though. I don't particularly care. TESV won't be an MMO. Beth has stated numerous times that the TES series of games will remain single player. That doesn't mean they won't at some time release a TES based MMO though..... Maybe in the distant past, or distant future of current games.

It would be really nice if beth would learn their lesson on 'online distribution' methods. Requiring third party software to run a game, is a bad idea. Though one that seems to be catching on, and developing a rather large bandwagon. Doesn't make me smile. Fallout New Vegas is going to REQUIRE steam. What will TESV require?? If it requires steam, I won't be purchasing it. (I don't use steam, I don't want steam. I will not go thru that particular argument again, thank you.)

And yes, game companies are no different than any other corporate entity, they don't have a monopoly on stupid decisions. XD

This is a big problem that keeps firing the MMO rumor:

quote from Pete Hines from bethblog:

In regards to the MMO comment, [Todd] was asked if there was “any chance of an Elder Scrolls MMO†and he replied — in a joking fashion — by saying “I guess there’s a chance.†To be clear, Todd and his team do not make MMOs, for any franchise, at all. We have another division "ZeniMax Online Studios" which is lead by Matt Firor, and they are working on an MMO. They have not said anything about what game they are making. When ZeniMax Online is ready to show what they are up to, we’ll let everyone know. Until then we aren’t going to provide hints or speculate on what they’re doing either.

so yes, there could be an ES MMO....but bethesda would only be a publisher of it, not a developer. proof enough for ya?

HeyYou, what is "steam"? Anyway, doesn't Beth have mmo type games for the cellphones?

You haven't heard of steam? By Valve??? You sir, are blessed. :thumbup:

Basically, it is digital distribution, and DRM, all rolled into one package. Download and install the steam client, set yourself up on it, and then you can buy a pretty good selection of games from steam, and download them directly. No physical disk to use, no disk swapping to play. Convenient.....

I just prefer having the real disk in my hand. :pints:

This is a big problem that keeps firing the MMO rumor:

quote from Pete Hines from bethblog:

so yes, there could be an ES MMO....but bethesda would only be a publisher of it, not a developer. proof enough for ya?

'fraid not, sorry. If they want the rumor squashed for good, Todd needs to stop beating around the bush and just say it. How hard are the words "We will not do a TES MMO" to say? The fact that they're still treating it in such a glib manner is what's still driving these rumors :/

'fraid not, sorry. If they want the rumor squashed for good, Todd needs to stop beating around the bush and just say it. How hard are the words "We will not do a TES MMO" to say? The fact that they're still treating it in such a glib manner is what's still driving these rumors :/

Todd never confirms nor denies anything, which is where the rumors come from. The interview was a bit of a disaster cause after it heaps of sites started reporting that bethesda have hinted at making an ES MMO. That bit from Pete is in the aftermath when he was doing damage control about it, so that people didnt start waiting for a Bethesda MMO.

He didnt rule out that ZeniMax Online isnt making ES MMO, but he said for certain Bethesda isnt. Odds are that Zenimax Online are in fact working on an ES MMO that would be published by Bethesda. WE know Zenimax ONline isnt doing a fallout MMO as Bethesda has had to state in court that it isnt a Fallout MMO (which their Interplayer lawsuit).

That means their project is either ES releated, or a completely new MMO not tied to ZeniMax's title brands.

• Upvote 1

You haven't heard of steam? By Valve??? You sir, are blessed. :thumbup:

Basically, it is digital distribution, and DRM, all rolled into one package. Download and install the steam client, set yourself up on it, and then you can buy a pretty good selection of games from steam, and download them directly. No physical disk to use, no disk swapping to play. Convenient.....

I just prefer having the real disk in my hand. :pints:

Oysh, I wish I understood all this computer jargon. Anyway, back to my other question, aren't the TES games that are on the cellphone, you know the Travels games MMO type?