DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Official TESA TESV Speculation and Info Thread

Witty

I disapprove of the online crap they are pulling, I am getting FO NV but I still am not happy, sad part is, I think they actually feel it stops pirating, when it creates MORE in the long run. What ever happened to just encrypting the disc really well and eventually after 5 years, patching it to run without it.

Oysh, I wish I understood all this computer jargon. Anyway, back to my other question, aren't the TES games that are on the cellphone, you know the Travels games MMO type?

no? what gave you that idea.

Bethesda have only ever made one game with multiplayer, Battlespire.....understand why they dont do multiplayer now?

• 4 weeks later...

Also in TES 5, I would hope they exclude the Vampire thing this time around. I know they are UBER popular amongst fans, but really, if you want to either fight or be vampires, then that's a totally different kind of game, right? Aren't there vampire oriented games? & werewolves too, for that matter,....

So long as the vampires don't sparkle and have this lame idea that you befriend your food, and the werewolves remain something other then cuddly puppies that want to lick your face rather then rip it off I am ok.

They need to make people remember vampires arnt your best friend, they are cruel and want to see you dead.

If they follow their lore (i know, long shot), isnt each area supposed to have its own clan or something for the vampires?

Yeah, there were three vampire clans in Morrowind....... While the graphics may not have been as pretty, the scripting engine not quite as powerful, Morrowind was actually a much deeper game than oblivion. Now, with fan-made 'enhancements'.... MGE, (Morrowind Graphics Extender), and MWSE, (Morrowind Script Extender), and a few other third party doo-dads, it can even LOOK as good as oblivion. Woulda been nice if MWSE had the support, and development of OBSE. There are still rumors that it is under development, but, I have been waiting for a newer version for two years now...... Still haven't seen it.

I just hope that ESV doesn't require Games for windows live, or steam, or some other such nonsense. Just give me a disk. I will be happy.

I just hope that ESV doesn't require Games for windows live, or steam, or some other such nonsense. Just give me a disk. I will be happy.

Probably very little chance of that not happening. It looks like everyone is heading for 'steam'. Not a pleasant thought in my mind at all.

On the positive, when the next ES is released, I will be ahead of the curve since I know all the new features of modding Fallout 3. :lol:

Yeah, Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 was released on Steam, but it was also released as hard-copies. I think they do both to reach to more people, so they won't start using only Steam...

New Vegas may come on a disk, but, it will require steam anyway. This is the direction I see companies going, and I REALLY don't like it.

Steam wasn't even a twinkle in someones eye when Morrowind came out.

There are a lot of games that steam has available for download, that you can go to a store, buy a 'real' disk, and not have to bother with steam at all. Steam is just a convenience factor with the downloadable games. (don't have to get out in the "real world", go to a store, and buy a disk..... just gotta wait for the download to finish, which can be a LONG time, depending on size of the game, and your connection speed.)

If a game company is going to sell me a game, on a disk, it should NOT require someone else's software for me to play said game. I am not going to purchase New Vegas, because I don't want steam. If ESV requires it as well, or something like it, then I won't be spending my money on THAT either.

Trouble is, there are a bunch more folks out there in the world that just don't care, and will spend their money anyway. (and then have issues getting the game to work right....... GFWL and FO3 anyone?) So, the companies might not get all the sales they could have, and the pirates will STILL have a field day.

• Upvote 1

If a game company is going to sell me a game, on a disk, it should NOT require someone else's software for me to play said game.

Exactly, that annoyed me with Dawn of War 2 by Relic, it came bundled with steam and GFWL, ontop of that I had to go through multiple updates for them after they were finished :).

Steam can be a pain, but its far better than GFWL.

Exactly, that annoyed me with Dawn of War 2 by Relic, it came bundled with steam and GFWL, ontop of that I had to go through multiple updates for them after they were finished :).

Steam can be a pain, but its far better than GFWL.

I think FO3 was one of the first PC games for GFWL.... Needless to say, they didn't quite have all the bugs worked out of it yet. (putting it mildly...) Oddly enough, after I wiped my machine after the MAJOR upgrades, and reinstalled FO3, GFWL doesn't seem to be here... which is just fine with me. I use FOSE anyway, and the two just don't place nice together, which I thought was rather nice. I get an expanded scripting engine, and GFWL goes out the window. A win-win situation so far as I am concerned.

I did not have any trouble with Fallout 3 when I installed it. I had more trouble getting the DLC because I did not have an XBOX. I had to 'buy' the points on the xbob site, then go to the PC site and download the games using said points. Then I had to move the files to the Data folder. The whole DLC thing was a pain in the rear.

Steam also makes it difficult to mod, in my opinion. Those darn 'hidden' folders it makes.

Huh I was unaware Steam makes hidden folders :huh:, But then I only have one game with it installed and I don't mod it :no:

Never had an issue with Fallout either, but then I did not play much on the PC since I played it & all the DLC on the Xbox, just never had the same level of interest after that.

If TES V does go with Steam, I'd much prefer it to GFWL as it's more stable ect. I'm sure the OBSE Team would be able to cure the GFWL problem again if TES V has it :D

Seems like people with the Steam version always have trouble 'finding' the games folders. And then trying to install the GECK/CS to said folder where it may or may not allow them to run it in order to make mods.

I dunno, I only half read those conversations since it did not affect me.

I really don't understand why everyone hates steam, i think its cool to be connected to the world while you play so you can track stats online, talk to friends, and search stuff quickly without leaving the game. I would understand if it restricted modding, but I've never heard of steam doing that...

My computer always has internet so it is just simply not a problem for me. If it helps stop pirates, whatever, its not hurting me. :huh:

It does not stop pirates from what I hear.

And I hate others knowing what I am doing in a single player game. I don't need big brother looking over my shoulder when I play.

When I play a game, thats all I want to do. I don't want to be interupted by anyone else. So, Critter and myself are totally opposite on why we play games. :huh:

FOr single player games steam does not stop pirates...that is true...

but for multiplayer it does, and fantastically so.

Steam is the latest thing and it'll either become the standard or something just as good will come after it, for we see the mess that you get when everyone tries to make their own DRM....

i think its cool to be connected to the world while you play so you can track stats online, talk to friends, and search stuff quickly without leaving the game.

And that right there is precisely why I hate the whole idea of Steam. All of that requires extra processing power and an intrusive spyware-like application to handle it. Something I don't want wasting time and bandwidth while I'm playing a game. I don't see the draw of achievements and all that other crap either.

What's worse, if you try and block its outbound traffic on your firewall, you get labeled a thief by the system and your game simply won't run at all.

If this crap is the wave of the future for games, give me GFWL any day. For FO3 it just sat there and did nothing. Never mandated that I connect and register an account on a system I won't ever use anyway. Plus, I was able to uninstall it without damaging my ability to play. Good luck trying that with a Steam game.

And that right there is precisely why I hate the whole idea of Steam. All of that requires extra processing power and an intrusive spyware-like application to handle it. Something I don't want wasting time and bandwidth while I'm playing a game. I don't see the draw of achievements and all that other crap either.

What's worse, if you try and block its outbound traffic on your firewall, you get labeled a thief by the system and your game simply won't run at all.

If this crap is the wave of the future for games, give me GFWL any day. For FO3 it just sat there and did nothing. Never mandated that I connect and register an account on a system I won't ever use anyway. Plus, I was able to uninstall it without damaging my ability to play. Good luck trying that with a Steam game.

Completely agree. When I am playing my SINGLE player game, I don't need other folks hassling me. I don't do MMO's of any variety, just not my thing. I couldn't care less about achievements either. It is just more 'malware' as far as I am concerned.