DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Project DUA'A

Saad

Hello,

i have played Morrowind for many years, tried many mods, and, as many of them, yelled when something went wrong when mods are all activated but errors came a lot.

In the time, i thought much-i have a strategist mind, Rommel and von Clausewitz are important figures in my mind-and i have reached to find some conclusions, that i will show at you:

1- Morrowind is a great Rpg, a true legend, but without some good mod the pleasure is quartered;

2- Each player has a need to have in his desktop a folder where put mods: collect them and store for future use, subdividing when needed;

3-The installed mods must be reduced to the minimum necessary, surplus is too much and ruin the pleasure and the game itself;: as a rule of thumb my experience say no more than 110, and they are already a good mumber, but not excessive if many of them are rules of play and things that haven't a hard weight.

4-End of installing, end of mods. If you find "something better" and this happen a lot of times-first THINK if this mod is really necessary, THEN restart all, also if is a real pain, but better do a pain one time only that yell and scream later.

As i try to be hard,i think much to others, then i had the idea to make this thing, the Project DUA'A.

Dua'a mean Bless, and my pleasure will be think to all the people that bless me for have did something really good,avoiding to much mistakes, screams, and yelling, but for this i have need of all of you.

My idea is to do a selection of mods that a player may use well in his game without the need to adjoin more mods, or reducing at the minimum the installing mods after he/she have put the chosen mods.Now, going to see what a player has really need:

1-Graphic and Sounds: a good graphic better than original, and a sounds mod for the wilderness and the city;

2- Homes: a selection of home mods easy to use and well placed in the whole world;

3- Rules of play: a correction to the rules given, better realism especially in the Guilds/Factions and also a general correction for spells, weights, ranges, and so on;

4- Cheats: consider only the Rich Creeper, necessary for selling high value items, and no more-Rich Creeper will be fine, others ruin the game;

5-Little Adjustments: better voices for the bosses, some better graphic for some powerful Npc like like Almalexia or Vivec, and so on;

6-Play Adjustments: rules for the game that one want, more warrior-oriented, more thief-oriented, and so on.

I think this is sufficient.

Now, considering the medium player: usually hasn't a super-powerful-ultramachine, or a NASA iper-computer but a normal home computer, then all this stuff must be reduced to the minimum possible.

As ome go at circus, and amuse hisself/herself, the player must be amused, feel to have all in hand and avoid to think "hm, and if i will adjoin...."

The player must be happy, or near to be, this is the objective i want reach.

Can you like to help with advices and selection of mods, for do an exhaustive list?

Hope in you, and in myself. Bye.

Ok, so you want to put together a compilation of different mods into a single mod? Although it makes logical sense, I think there is too much personal preference involved here. Everyone likes their game in different ways with different selections of mods. There will always be one or two mods that the player won't want in their set up. So either you would have to make an installer program which requires the user to select each and every mod that they want to install (or uncheck the ones they don't) and then hit the install button. But what happens when they want to remove a mod? They would have to re-install every single one of them again, right? Although people have done this for their own personal set ups I don't think it would be very well accepted as a mod... maybe good for people new to mods though. Anyway, best of luck.

There is also the issue of obtaining permission to modify/redistribute the mods. Some modders are completely against re-use of their mods, others are long gone from the community and will be hard to track down.

Keeping this up to date will also be hard, since the whole package would have to be recompiled and redownloaded if any of the mods receive an update. Load order is also an issue, of course, since some mods overlap.

mmm, i read, and reply: No, no....

i have a different idea.

I dont want make a mod with various mods. Not at all.

I want create a list of mods that give a starting better view of Morrowind, with pics and instructions, a basis for the newcomer, after this, everyone can adjoin all he/she want.

The list will help the player to have a complete, nice and functional basic Morrowind, then, after this list, the player can adjoin what he/she want, but at his/her own risk.

Example:

in the file will be written:

"the best graphic and sound are A and B, for homes use C, D, and E, for weapons and spells use F, G, H, for the adjustments use X, Y and Z. Until here all must run perfectly, and you can play without any risk, having a better Morrowind."

This file must have also pics taken from the game, showing how will appear Morrowind using these mods, and after the main file, a new write that say "you may adjoin other mods, but this is the best and functional, others will be put at your own risk."

this is my idea. Players must install and put all in the usual way, alone: i will not provide mods for them.

Ok, I see. But again, what is best is highly subjective. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of lists that already serve this purpose. Also, on the download sites you can usually tell what is the best by its rating and the number of downloads.

here is one list for an example: http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html

also, if you do a search for "morrowind mod list" this is what comes up: http://www.google.com/search?q=morrowind+mod+list&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a