DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Question about removing havok

WhoGuru

I want to remove havok from a clutter object. As in, I want it to behave like a static, not move if the player bumps it. Can I do this in Nifskope and if so, how?

Edit: Aaaaaaand never mind! Answered brilliantly by Greenwarden and Khettienna! Thank you my lovelies! :D and for anyone else with this question:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1100781-how-to-make-an-item-stay-in-place/page__view__findpost__p__16093380

The mod "Better Book Collision" can help somewhat with books - but of course, if you are releasing your mods publicly, you'll still have to remember that other people will need extra space around books.

Generally speaking, running the Havok Sim in the CS is the only way to see how havoked objects will settle after havok gets enabled on them (they get nudged, or you load into that cell, etc...). If there are particular objects you really want to decorate with but don't need to use, you might consider making static versions of those meshes, and adding them to the CS as new objects.

You'll first need to extract the stock meshes from the Oblivion - Meshes.bsa. Instructions here.

You'll need to install Nifskope. Download link.

Then you can double-click the .nif file (mesh) you want to use to open in it Nifskope, and do the following:

How To Make An Object Static

(Note: I don't remember where I found this, kudos to whoever wrote it!)

If it is really a static apple that you want, I mean, a static like a wall, you can do the following:

go for NifSkope 1.0.16 and load apple NIF file

in Block List expand all nodes

search for: 4 bhkRigidBody and left click on it

press F3 or go to menu View -> Block Details

in Block Details search for "Motion System" and change it to MO_SYS_FIXED

in Block Details search for "Quality Type" and change it to MO_QUAL_FIXED

(not necessary) in Block Details search for "Layer" and change it OL_STATIC

(not necessary) in Block Details search for "Layer Copy" and change it to OL_STATIC

save the NIF file in Oblivion\Data\meshes\your_mod_name (or sth like that) and close the NifSkope

open CS, load your plugin, make a new Static and as a model choose the NIF file that was just created in NifSkope

"Not necessary" steps are only for a proper color of a layer, that can be seen in CS and in game, when you toggle collision geometry. Now you should have a static apple.

For more details on adding your new object to the CS, there's a tutorial here.

If you've never done any of this, you can probably see already that it's going to take a bit of setup and learning on your part. You'll just have to decide for yourself how far you wish to delve, and if it's worth the returns. I think it is, of course. :D