DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Smoke grenades for fallout 3

alexscorpion

Hello all,

Recently, i've created a smoke grenade model for fallout 3.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/341894-1285637622.jpg

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/341894-1285598284.jpg

But it's still incomplete . I need to create 2 script for it .

1. Since it's meant to provide cover from the enemies and make it possible to escape ...i need i script that will make the NPC's loose track of pc when the grenade is deployed.

2. A timer is needed also (2 minutes) ..when the time is up the smoking grenade projectile should be swapped for a dummy (not smoke) grenade

I'm really a noob when it comes to scripting so a step by step guide/help is needed ..lol

thanks in advance people

Alex

here is the link to my mod http://rapidshare.com/#!download|666|422198294|smokey.7z|1717

btw: you have to add the grenade yourself into fallout world

Edited by alexscorpion

Okay. There are a lot of steps, so lets take them one at a time.

First, you make a new script. The drop-down box at the top, change it to 'Effect'

Put this in it for now:

scn myExplosionScript
ref myself

Begin ScriptEffectStart
set myself to GetSelf
if myself != Player
myself.PlaceAtMe GrenadeFragExplosion 1
endif
End[/code]

This will be the script you lower the perception and stop combat on the player, but we want to make sure its firing on the targets first. So, they will get a frag grenade blown up under their feet for now.

Now, make a new Base Effect. Make the 'Effect Archetype' a 'script' and in the Assoc. Item dropdown, you should find your script from above. Named 'myExplosionScript'.

Check these boxes, Self, Touch, Target, No Magnitude and then save it.

Next, make an Object Effect. Make the 'Type' a Weapon. In the Effects section, right-click and select 'New'. Then find the 'base effect' you made above. You can give it a mag:0 Area:20 Duration: 1 Range:touch Cost:0

Now you need to make an Explosion. Right-click and make a new one. You can make the force and damage 0. Radius is how big the explosion is, the actors that will be affected by the spell. You can look at other exposions to see how they are set up. The important thing here is the 'Enchantment' drop-down box. You should find your 'Object Effect' you made above in this list. Attach it and save when you are happy with the new Explosion.

Finally, make a new projectile. check-mark the 'Explosion' box, and from the Type dropdown list, select your explosion you created above. You can set the grenade up like the vanilla "GrenadeFragProjectile" object if you want.

Now, on your smoke grenade, the 'Art and Sound' tab, you should see the 'Projectile' dropdown list. Attach your new projectile and your weapon is ready for testing.

Once you get this all working, we can work on the script to do what you want it to do.

Okay, so you do not have the grenade set up correctly.

You should be able to equip the grenade and then throw it. It should explode where-ever you threw it.

Check out the fragment grenade to see how it was set up. It has a projectile, which is what the grenade 'becomes' when you throw it. That might be your first problem.

[EDIT] Compare the frag grenade projectile to your projectile.

Okay, so you do not have the grenade set up correctly.

You should be able to equip the grenade and then throw it. It should explode where-ever you threw it.

Check out the fragment grenade to see how it was set up. It has a projectile, which is what the grenade 'becomes' when you throw it. That might be your first problem.

[EDIT] Compare the frag grenade projectile to your projectile.

sorry ..i meant that i've set the projrctile to explode on impact ..changed to alt trg 5 sec ..but when it explodes there is bright flash into my face (image mod) so i can't see any other flashes ...

Yeah, watched TV all night, went to work all day, and now I am back. Glad you got it working.

Now that I am rested, I understand what you were saying. The IMOD would flash in your face no matter what, so you should remove that unless you always want it to do that. The purpose of the IMOD is to effect your view, not an NPC's view.

So, are you ready to make it negatively affect the target NPC's?

Yeah, watched TV all night, went to work all day, and now I am back. Glad you got it working.

Now that I am rested, I understand what you were saying. The IMOD would flash in your face no matter what, so you should remove that unless you always want it to do that. The purpose of the IMOD is to effect your view, not an NPC's view.

So, are you ready to make it negatively affect the target NPC's?

William .. i probably should explain things better in the future ..silly me

what i meant with my last comment is that the grenade is fully functional now .

Everything i wanted to implement was done so by Weijisen today.

thanks for your help also

Alex