DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Collector's Editions

vometia

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I thought about getting Duke Nukem but I kinda lost interest in the game series after the delays and frankly my fond memories are of the old 2D versions of the game lol. The CE is nice, but I am a bit cash strapped and going into Anime North in 2 weeks.... oi.

LOL I thought about getting Duke Nukem but I kinda lost interest in the game series after the delays and frankly my fond memories are of the old 2D versions of the game lol. The CE is nice, but I am a bit cash strapped and going into Anime North in 2 weeks.... oi.

Before hearing of the game's release date, the last time I heard of DNF was in 2000 in a PC Gamer magazine. So I got pretty excited. I still have great memories of Duke Nukem 3D. And so far the new trailers have not disappointed me one bit. it'll be one funny game. :)

So far, I bought four CE: Morrowind, Oblivion, New Vegas and Duke Nukem Forever.

I only buy a CE if it has very interesting items in it and if the price is around 10$ more than the original game. But for Dukle Nukem Forever, it's an exception. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have a habit of going out and getting EVERY CE I can find, however this can be difficult to afford with CE's ranging as high as $130 and $150 in some cases.

Same here, if I hadn't already established that by now!

I've ordered the CE version of Duke Nukem Forever, even against by better judgement since I have no idea if I'll even enjoy the game, whether or not it lives up to its now impossible expectations. But I guess I could do with another bust for Geralt to glare at. :lol:

Talking of which, I did enjoy the Witcher 2 collector's edition: a really impressive amount of tat was included, which always makes me happy. :)

But right now I'm trying to find a good solution to framing my various lithographs: framing is notoriously expensive, and I found some reasonably priced frames but later discovered that they're made of MDF which is apparently really unhealthy for artwork (maybe not immediately, but I plan to still be alive in the couple of decades by which they may start to yellow and flake!) so now I'm on the hunt for acid-free materials with which I can hopefully buffer them. Sigh, nothing is ever straightforward.

Oh, and for the really committed collectors of tat you can now get "3D prints" of your Xbox Live and Wow avatars! Here's mine:

vometia_figurine2_small.jpg

A bit naff, maybe, but I wish more games franchises would provide custom memorabilia!

Oh impressive Vom :D

I got the CE for The Witcher 2 and have to say it was lovely! The bust was great, I was expecting a cheap plastic bust and it was actually good quality, clay I believe. The coin(s) were great as well because I just love that kind of thing, don't ask my why but I do.

I recall, back in the day, when Hellgate London came out they offered a custom bust of one of their over priced statues to a winner of a contest (a pitty those status were so costly though).

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiousity, has anyone besides me pre-ordered the CE's for Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3, and Assassins Creed Rev?

All 3 sets seem really interesting, now its only to wait and see what Beth does for the Skyrim CE :D Still hoping for a sword! LOL

If anyone's into Alice: Madness Returns there's a whole bunch of new lithographs, giclées and prints that have been released recently. Not so convinced about the G1988 gallery stuff (though there's a couple of nice bits and pieces in there) but most of the new lithographs are rather nice.

I really need an extension to hang all of these things in. Oh, and much more money. Erk.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone besides me pre-ordered the CE's for Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3, and Assassins Creed Rev?

All 3 sets seem really interesting, now its only to wait and see what Beth does for the Skyrim CE :D Still hoping for a sword! LOL

I, too, have the CEs for Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3 ordered. Stupid Skyrim CE, be announced already!

• 2 weeks later...

As do I, although my hopes for a life-sized Nord statue (or Nord) will likely go unanswered, I do hope there is some unique release for it.

If anyone is interested, Oblivion has a 5 yr edition coming out, comes with OB, KotN, Isles and some vids that were part of the CE.

• 1 month later...

I dont know about the map, it was a promo item for pre-ordering, that was my impression, I will be stopping in at EB here to confirm with them as the map was promoted as a bonus for those that pre-ordered along side the standard paper map that came with every version of the game.