DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Missing Body in Custom Race

DanielJ97

Hey,

I've got 9 new races, all dwarven with different beards. They look brilliant with clothes on, with all of their body parts there. But when you take off the clothes, then theres a problem.

If you take off a shirt, the upper body dissapears.

" " " " a set of pants the lower body dissapears

" " " " a set of gloves the hands dissapear

" " " " a set of shoes the feet dissapear

But when you put them back on, then it gets fixed. But, these races are playable and they'll be pretty rubbish if you don't see the body without clothes.

So, how can i fix this? Can anyone help please?

Heres some screenies of them / and my test character with clothes on and off. :S

Oblivion2010-10-0216-55-54-34.jpg

Oblivion2010-10-0216-55-52-73.jpg

Oblivion2010-10-0216-55-50-29.jpg

Oblivion2010-10-0216-55-33-61.jpg

Oblivion2010-10-0216-55-28-48.jpg

Oblivion2010-10-0216-53-39-56.jpg

Oblivion2010-10-0216-53-33-79.jpg

I am not sure about skin, but for clothing or armor this is usually a missing or faulty normal texture map.

Yeah but its skin that I need :S

Aye, Will's right. We may need to know more about how you made your race Daniel. Did you change the mesh some way, or textures? :huh:

No, It uses Imperial Race Meshes and Textures just with a differen upper mouth nif and texture. However the beards work fine on other races?

From the CS Wiki:

Q:The item i've created looks fine in NifSkope, but is invisible in game

A:This is usually seen with a missing normal map. The easiest way to make a normal map is using the Nvidia Normal Map filter, plugins available Here

A:This can also occur if there is a problem with your skeleton in your exported .nif, which entails deleting your old skeleton in Blender and importing a clean one from a vanilla .nif; or if your mesh has vertex colors assigned (may be co-dependent upon the material used with the mesh) which means clearing any vertex color layers that may exist in Blender.

Try the second suggestion.

From the CS Wiki:

Q:The item i've created looks fine in NifSkope, but is invisible in game

A:This is usually seen with a missing normal map. The easiest way to make a normal map is using the Nvidia Normal Map filter, plugins available Here

A:This can also occur if there is a problem with your skeleton in your exported .nif, which entails deleting your old skeleton in Blender and importing a clean one from a vanilla .nif; or if your mesh has vertex colors assigned (may be co-dependent upon the material used with the mesh) which means clearing any vertex color layers that may exist in Blender.

Try the second suggestion.

It doesn't use new skeleton NIF's though? Just Imperial onces changed in the Race window of the CS. All there is thats new is a beard?

Do you have the same issues without the beards then? :huh:

No, cause the beards go into the slot in the races menu where you put the upper part of the mouth

Wait, what is this "upper mouth nif" ? Do you mean teethupperhuman? Did you create a new egt and tri file? (and a normal map?)

No, all there is is a new .nif and texture. It goes into the slot in the Face Tab of the Race Menu where it says Upper Mouth. You put in the .nif and the texture. Theres no new egt and tri file.

And its not a problem with the beards anyway its just the actual race itself wont show up any part of its body without clothes, exept from the head,

Edited by DanielJ97

When you created the race I assume you just copied the Imperial Race?

Did you change anything in the Face and Body tabs besides the new Upper Mouth? Just to be clear, you shouldn't touch anything except the "new" things you want to change. If so, unpack all the nifs and textures you touched, make sure they are pathed correctly.

It's a long shot but only other thing I can think of.

When you created the race I assume you just copied the Imperial Race?

Did you change anything in the Face and Body tabs besides the new Upper Mouth? Just to be clear, you shouldn't touch anything except the "new" things you want to change. If so, unpack all the nifs and textures you touched, make sure they are pathed correctly.

It's a long shot but only other thing I can think of.

Well, the actual race is a duplicate of the Imperial Race with weight and height changed. And, the only other changed body feature is the "Upper Mouth" which now has a beard in it. I left everything else untouched. Unless, I could take all of the Imperial Files, move them into my meshes&texture folders and then link them to it? Because it might have something to do with the things being in the .bsa's bethesda put them in?

According to Arion's tutorial it's the opposite actually. The things in the .bsa's should be perfectly fine.

But it's worth a shot, try it. Also might want to browse the tutorial, perhaps you missed a step? Also verify all your texture paths in Nifskope, they should all be default Textures\Characters\Imperial or \Imperial\Male.

Do you by chance have any body mods installed that may have confused the texture paths?

I've run into this before with a custom race..... What body mod, if any are you using? Go back and verify that you have defined the upper body, lower body, hand and foot textures correctly in the race menu. If you using a custom bdy mod, for HGEC and Robert's (only ones I am familar with) the foot is used for the upper body, lower body and foot. Some include a seperate hand and others are included with the foot texture.

If your still having problems I'd be willing to look at your work and see what I can find...

According to Arion's tutorial it's the opposite actually. The things in the .bsa's should be perfectly fine.

But it's worth a shot, try it. Also might want to browse the tutorial, perhaps you missed a step? Also verify all your texture paths in Nifskope, they should all be default Textures\Characters\Imperial or \Imperial\Male.

Do you by chance have any body mods installed that may have confused the texture paths?

I have no body mods, and Im having a look through everything now.

I've run into this before with a custom race..... What body mod, if any are you using? Go back and verify that you have defined the upper body, lower body, hand and foot textures correctly in the race menu. If you using a custom bdy mod, for HGEC and Robert's (only ones I am familar with) the foot is used for the upper body, lower body and foot. Some include a seperate hand and others are included with the foot texture.

If your still having problems I'd be willing to look at your work and see what I can find...

Thanks, but the last update took over 2 hours to upload to TESNexus, and since then the mods grown a massive amount. Ima copy all the Imperial Stuff into a folder in my data and see if that works.