DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

DB delayed attack mod has a reason to be used?

Saad

Hi Folks,

here an interesting matter to discuss: DB delayed attack mod and the other mods that cover this area has a reason to be used or not?

I will discuss this matter soon, for now let i start the first post, and in the following post i will explain better my thought.

Ok, start.

Many of you know that some mods allow the player to delay DB attacks, assuming that the player character isn't so famous and powerful to be a threat to king Helseth.

Now i will examine this idea, and using my brain and intelligence, i will make an analisys in the "sirata mustakim" (Middle Road)way.

Ask: may the DB Delay attack mods has some reason to exist in a Morrowind game?

I will examining the matters logically, and starting to offer the modder view, as he write from one of them, his name Avenger:

I found the early Dark Brotherhood attack in Tribunal most irritating and unlogical.

How should a freshly arrived Noname pose a threat to the king's throne ? So I changed

it so that the Dark Brotherhood attacks only commence after you either lead at least

one Great House, or are have been named Nerevarine by at least one Ashlander tribe, or

have been named, I figure that by then you've got enough political influence to come

to the attention of the king.

these are Avenger words: but he has right or not? Following him in the thought, starting to purt some good logical points to these words.

a) King Helseth is very notorious as power maniac, killer, and paranoid. This mean that, with his riches, he can have agents spreads everywhere in Tamriel, and ready to inform His Poisonous Majesty of any attempt, true or false, to seize his throne.

Ok, he is rich, he is powerful and also paranoid, but this is sufficient to know Tiber Septim's secrets?

Follow me, and see this point in detail.

We have said theat king Helseth can have a lot of agents everywhere-of course he can, he's very rich, powerful and know many secrets- but the whole operation in every detail is known only by three people: Tiber Septim, his secretary, and Caius Cosades.

Now follow me again:

a) King Helseth may be a king, but appointed by Tiber Septim: this mean that he depend to the Empire and of course he can't have access at the deepest Imperial Council, nor at the Emperor secretary.

His agents sure can stay in Cyrodiil and heard a lot of things, but sure they can't reach to know about a prisoner was taken and jailed without any proof: daily A LOT of people will be arrested for many reasons, and our man its only one in the whole stack.

Also a king Helseth agent had observed the scene, sure he will not take note of this because its ordinary city maintenance done hundreds of times in a day, what reason he has to write in his report?

b) how much king Helseth know about the Nerevarine, and how much he trust in this far legend? For send DB assassins after a poor prisoner just desembarked in Morrowind, king Helseth was needed to know all the whole legend, the Dissident priests writings, the writes of the Stranger and the entire Tiber Septim plan. Probably Helseth studied something about Nerevar and knew the generic legend as any other Morrowind inhabitant- maybe somewhat better because he is rich then he had the luck to study in his youthness with mentors and scholars, but i think that sure 1000% he not know much about Dissident Priests nor Ashlanders more than the usual common Dunmer, and also if know something about them, not the firsts nor the others are a threat for his throne, but only-using some usual words repetead many times from common people-they are only a bunch or ragged visionaries and fools, nothing to become worried.

c) Helseth's agents can't come too far: because he's depend from Tiber Septim, sure our lovely poisoner has a lot of fellow Blades under cover everywhere that fool daily his precious agents and sure they report to the Emperor also if he go to free himself pi--ing in the bathroom hole, then the Emperor have daily and precise report of every Helseth activity: in the opposite front, the Emperor court its more secure than Helseth's, and his spies will not come to reach the private Council, nor the Imperial secretary or Tiber Septim hisself. About Caius, he will start to know about this matter only when the package is given to him, and sure he will not send a telegram to Helseth writing all the matter:) then Helseth he can't really know about all the operation, nor that the new stranger without a drake and in prisoner dirty dresses is the man that will save all Vvardenfell from a hidden evil.

MY CONCLUSIONS

Having examined all the matter using logic and intelligence, and having saw all hot points to take a decisive word about this matter, i will consider Good Game the insert of a DB Delay Attack mod into a player game.

Hope to have also your opinions and asks, and i will try to reply at my best.

Actually, when the player goes to Morrowind, he isn't the first the emperor has sent that way. Caius makes a comment to that effect at some point as well. So, simply the fact that you are there, and 'possibly' a threat.... isn't really reason enough for anyone to go thru the expense of sicking the DB on you. Now, after things start looking like you just MIGHT BE the neravarine, then, it becomes logical that assassins start hunting you, as, according to the prophecy, you are indeed a threat to the current status quo. As it turns out though, the prophecy isn't quite accurate.... and you do not end up driving all the 'foreigners' from the land. Or some such.

yeah, well said guys. Delayed DB attacks are a must in my opinion. I don't think the developers realized what would happen if you started a new character with Tribunal loaded. They assumed the only players with Tribunal loaded would be veterans who had already completed many of the quests in MW. That's the only explanation I can think of.

yeah, well said guys. Delayed DB attacks are a must in my opinion. I don't think the developers realized what would happen if you started a new character with Tribunal loaded. They assumed the only players with Tribunal loaded would be veterans who had already completed many of the quests in MW. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Bingo. With getting attacked at first level (on PC, 6 on XBox, as I recall...) if you could survive the encounter, ya got some really good gear, right out of the gate. Nice money stream too...... especially when they started coming two at a time.