DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Repeat Script Command?

DanielJ97

Hello,

Im working on a script to play music, and the way its working is this:

Scn aaaMusicSpell

Begin OnActivate

StreamMusic "Data\Music\DanielJ97\Carleto Project\1.mp3"

StreamMusic "Data\Music\DanielJ97\Carleto Project\2.mp3"

StreamMusic "Data\Music\DanielJ97\Carleto Project\3.mp3"

StreamMusic "Data\Music\DanielJ97\Carleto Project\4.mp3"

StreamMusic "Data\Music\DanielJ97\Carleto Project\5.mp3"

StreamMusic "Data\Music\DanielJ97\Carleto Project\6.mp3"

StreamMusic "Data\Music\DanielJ97\Carleto Project\7.mp3"

StreamMusic "Data\Music\DanielJ97\Carleto Project\8.mp3"

StreamMusic "Data\Music\DanielJ97\Carleto Project\9.mp3"          

End

Thats what im thinking should manage to run the script, via the player going through a triggerbox and it starts. Im working on that bit ^^

But what Im needing just now is some way to get the script to loop itself so the music keeps playing and playing and playing. What will the script be to get this to work?

Thanks

That will run once, and be done. what you could do, is use the onactivate block to set a variable, then use a gamemode block that actually plays the music, when the variable is set. "unset" the variable when the player leaves the cell. Or some such.

But, the whole point of this script is to play music, from when the player starts a new game to forever. :L

So, what would the script need to be then?

1. The OnActivate block runs once, and only once when the player activates the object the script is placed on.

2. StreamMusic is troublesome. Read the problems at the bottom of this page.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/StreamMusic

If you must do it, I would suggest making a gameMode block and placing the script in a dummy quest.

1. The OnActivate block runs once, and only once when the player activates the object the script is placed on.

2. StreamMusic is troublesome. Read the problems at the bottom of this page.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/StreamMusic

If you must do it, I would suggest making a gameMode block and placing the script in a dummy quest.

How would that work? :S Im not an expert scripter ^^ So, I dont know how to set that bit up. Can you send me the script and ill just set up the quest?

I do not know how StreamMusic works, so I could not suggest a script. All sound functions in Oblivion are very poor, barely working it would seem.

When I first saw your script, I thought it would play all 9 songs at the same time. That would be a ruckas.

So, I really have no suggestions at this time.

I do not know how StreamMusic works, so I could not suggest a script. All sound functions in Oblivion are very poor, barely working it would seem.

When I first saw your script, I thought it would play all 9 songs at the same time. That would be a ruckas.

So, I really have no suggestions at this time.

Thanks anyway ^^ I think we're just gonna release an optional Music Package with the mod, so that you can just add it into your sound folder. But we didn't want to do this at first because it means that the Vanilla Oblivion Music is overwritten But, we'll just release an optional package like i said. (: