DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Fireplace's

ell46

When you are creating/building a house where are the fireplaces? I can only find one in static and the chimney goes up and up for ever.

I use that one - it's what chimneys do. :D I try to make my layouts as logical as possible, so if there's a fireplace downstairs, I have to work around it on the next level; I do this even if the next level is in another cell. Some might say that's getting a bit pedantic, but y'know.

Actually I'm sure there's at least a couple, but I'm hopeless at finding stuff in CS, so someone else will have to confirm... :lmao:

I use that one - it's what chimneys do. :D I try to make my layouts as logical as possible, so if there's a fireplace downstairs, I have to work around it on the next level; I do this even if the next level is in another cell. Some might say that's getting a bit pedantic, but y'know.

Actually I'm sure there's at least a couple, but I'm hopeless at finding stuff in CS, so someone else will have to confirm... :lmao:

Well that's what you have to do in the real world as well :o I know as I've had to do just that recently.

I'm the same, trying to find stuff in CS is a bit of hit and miss affair, I find many things aren't called what I would call them or in the category I think they would be in. It's only a one floor house and that huuuuuuge chimney stack really put me off, I wasn't even sure it's OK to have that sticking up a mile in the air, would it show like that in the game :lol:

Well that's what you have to do in the real world as well :D I know as I've had to do just that recently.

I'm the same, trying to find stuff in CS is a bit of hit and miss affair, I find many things aren't called what I would call them or in the category I think they would be in. It's only a one floor house and that huuuuuuge chimney stack really put me off, I wasn't even sure it's OK to have that sticking up a mile in the air, would it show like that in the game :o

It depends - are you talking about an interior cell? In which case, no, you wouldn't see any unwanted bits (unless you turned off clipping, of course) and it doesn't really make a lot of difference how far something extends as far as the engine is concerned: it certainly seems quite happy with arrangements thousands of units in size.

Finding stuff in CS is definitely a challenge: I agree that the names are often bizarre and unpredictable and it seems it's only experience that really helps. And I always forget them all if I spend any time away from CS. :lmao:

Funny how building stuff in CS is still much easier than in real life though, isn't it? :lol:

It depends - are you talking about an interior cell? In which case, no, you wouldn't see any unwanted bits (unless you turned off clipping, of course) and it doesn't really make a lot of difference how far something extends as far as the engine is concerned: it certainly seems quite happy with arrangements thousands of units in size.

Finding stuff in CS is definitely a challenge: I agree that the names are often bizarre and unpredictable and it seems it's only experience that really helps. And I always forget them all if I spend any time away from CS. :lmao:

Funny how building stuff in CS is still much easier than in real life though, isn't it? :D

Yes it's an interior cell so from what you say I should be able to put it in and it will be OK.

You would be surprised how many times since I started learning the CS I've been slaving away and thought "I wish life had a CS I could have this finished before bed time". Right I'm going to put that fireplace in now, I just wish I could find other styles that I've seen in houses, shame you can't open one and grab a copy, but they don't seem to come in kit form :o

You would be surprised how many times since I started learning the CS I've been slaving away and thought "I wish life had a CS I could have this finished before bed time". Right I'm going to put that fireplace in now, I just wish I could find other styles that I've seen in houses, shame you can't open one and grab a copy, but they don't seem to come in kit form :D

There's always Blender... if you don't value your sanity. :lmao:

darkstone that's an excellent idea, thank you for reminding me we have resources :lmao:

vometia - PLEASE :D I've only just finished the basic tuts I've got to decide where to go from here, that's if I ever get finished planting more plants and titivating the house's.

There is only one vanilla Oblivion fireplace. I'm not near my Oblivion computer now, but it's "Kitchen..." something.

The fireplace with the Abandoned Mountain Shack is available as a resource.

Thank you, it's good to know it wasn't me that couldn't find 'them' I've downloaded MEO's now so spoilt for choice.