DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Your New Vegas Wastelander

jaggedbubbles

Yes, Borfina is female, but that's hard to tell in the power armor and short hair I always have my characters have. Simple beautification mods were used in my second playthrough with Faron - De-oranging, new hairstyle and eye color, trenchcoat, depth of field, etc.

I think the shoulder-pads do conceal her femininity somewhat, unless one brings to mind 1980s power dressing. :heyyou:

As for my character, as usual I revel in my lack of imagination, so here's my new one, same as the old one. And here's a particularly uninspiring screenshot of her legging it somewhere.

fnv_vom_snapshot.png

The new leather armour's become her standard attire (at least after I fixed a few things like visible seams, gloves with invisible wrists and conspicuous gaps elsewhere <_< ) and that daft pop-gun I got at the start of the game is still my standard rifle 30 levels later, since it's one thing that I can hit targets with. Shame it has no effect, but that's why I keep Veronica in tow so she can punch their lights out if it all goes a bit wrong. Which it usually does.

I'm kind of working on the theory that it is actually the same character I used in FO3: after a night down the pub to celebrate being particularly fabulous by saving the town's stills from destruction (and something about cleaner water, but nobody's really interested in that) she crawled into an especially comfortable-looking sleeping pod that someone had recovered for the Vaultique-themed part of the bar which jammed shut and there she remained for the next few years. Still, no harm done since she emerged no less clueless than when she entered it, and managed to get out of paying for her round in the process. Result! etc.

med_gallery_3_11_15092.jpg

Edit: and another picture featuring a preposterously large gun and rucksack. Dunno about my character, but I'd barely be able to move carrying all that stuff about. :o

As for my character, as usual I revel in my lack of imagination, so here's my new one, same as the old one. And here's a particularly uninspiring screenshot of her legging it somewhere.

Haha, surprisingly, your FO3 character looks a lot like mine! I mean, before GFWL ate my saved games. I played a male character after that.

I'd post a pic of my character but I keep getting killed, and when I get killed I start again. It's a silly RP thing I do to keep the life of the game running as long as possible.

This is my 'current' character, not sure how long it will last though :heyyou:

o_O That's way too hardcore for me.

Haha, surprisingly, your FO3 character looks a lot like mine! I mean, before GFWL ate my saved games. I played a male character after that.

Back them up! I'm paranoid about my saves and mods being eaten; although my habit of simply copying them to another computer isn't exactly failsafe, it's better than nothing. :heyyou:

I couldn't quite get my character to look how I wanted first time round, so I'm surprised that her second iteration looks almost identical. Weird. I tried having a go with the version of Facegen in Geck which has more options, but could never get it quite right (I managed "quite wrong" often though!) so I figure it's "meant to be" or something like that!

o_O That's way too hardcore for me.

And me also. I've died lots, but I got better etc. I kind of respect those who do the "dead is dead" thing, but it's not for me. I'm way too accident-prone. Or maybe "incident-prone" is a better description.

Edit: talking of hardcore, I quite liked the hardcore mode, what with being a fan of the various hunger-thirst-sleep mods for Oblivion; I wish they'd provided buyable bedrolls or something however, trying to find a bed was a nuisance. Doubly so if you have a companion and don't want to feel they were just standing glaring at you all night! And tea. Water's all well and good, but it needs tea. And bone china: I know it's delicate and all, but people would've ensured it survived nuclear war since they'd know that civilisation would have to go on, and you can't be civilised without tea served in proper china. And cream scones.

• 3 months later...

I see that the thread hasn't been updated in a while. I thought I'd share my Sheriff old fart. :cool:

Sheriff.jpg

I managed to finish the game using only cowboy-related equipment and with the basic sheriff duster as an armor (I didn't like the Ranger's Duster). It was though against the Deathclaws, but my cowboy repeater was fully modded and I had the Cowboy Perk and Fast Reload perks. Which meant that my cowboy repeater was almost an automatic weapon and it dealt a LOT of damage to the Deathclaws.

Oh, and he's a pro-NCR guy. Until the end.

• 1 year later...

Oh, I didn't notice that here's a Fallout forum, too, because not so long ago I just concentrated on the Elder Scrolls forums ^^'

Well, here's my Wastelander Damian, a very bizarre guy:

juiFljw1M1UyJ_e.jpg

His scars are based on the story of the Old World Blues addon. They say that your character got scars on this body after he underwent surgery. I was disappointed that no scars were visible after that surgery. So I added them to his body/face textures afterwards via Gimp/Photoshop editing. He also likes wearing stuff making him look like a cyborg (that's why I call him bizarre :D)

Edited by selene310187

Damian decided that he doesn't want his mohawk anymore. So during his stay in the Wasteland he let his hair grow. After he got back to the Mojave he styled it with the help of wonderglue and Big MT's Autodoc. His next trip will be to Boulder Dome. He hopes that the wonderglue will keep his hair in shape while revealing the secrets of this mysterious place.

jbpSIK2EAFclLA_e.jpg

The hair style is my first attempt on converting an Oblivion haircut to Fallout New Vegas. The original one can be found in the CCC mod: http://oblivion.nexu....com/mods/24077

Cozy get-together

j4zLIyOeLbjtr_e.jpg

Damian just told them a joke.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all.  :wave:  I love FNV.

My quintessential Courier is Rue.  She's a Great Khan castout, a melee fighter, though raised by a grandmother who had been a tribal so she learned the native plants and cooking.  Having then been with the Khans, she applied this to drug cooking as well.  She got too close to some of the raider customers and started dealing on the side off the books, for which she was cast out and had to make her own way.  She was going to go Yes Man, but Lonesome Road gave her a view of her own fallibility and she made the deal with House.  She'll end up settling in Westside and trying to build up humanitarian works alongside House's industrial-military development.  She ran with Boone- an unlikely friendship given their backgrounds, but they united around hatred of Caesar.

Rue.jpg

Boonerangerarmor3.jpg