DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

I want to be able to control what a Mannequin wears.

speedyg869

I want to be able to control what a Mannequin wears. If I only give it one choice, then there's no problem. But what if there's more than one choice? Two helmets, for instance. An NPC would equip the item with the higher armor rating, right? So is there a way to change the armor rating of an item in-game with a script called from a menu?

The Active Inventory Spell allows me to change the inventory of an NPC. But that's it.

I'm a little confused. Which mannequin mod are you talking about here? You should be able to just add the armor to them. But they aren't storage containers, you can't just give them a pile of armor to wear.

No, there's no way in-game you can change the armor rating of an item.

I'm a little confused. Which mannequin mod are you talking about here? You should be able to just add the armor to them. But they aren't storage containers, you can't just give them a pile of armor to wear.

No, there's no way in-game you can change the armor rating of an item.

Skin Toned Mannequins. But I think the AI is same regardless of which one you use. Is there another way to get them to choose? It doesn't have to be done by changing armor rating.

Thanks for responding. :thumbup:

Only give them what you want them to wear. It would be rather complicated to be able to give players a choice of many items. You would have to be able to identify how many of each item the mannequin had, and then present this in a list form to the player to see which one they wanted equipped. Then you would have to shuffle skills to ensure that they WOULD wear it..... but then, what if they had two helms, both were light armor, and the one you wanted the manni to wear, had a lower armor value?

No, there is no practical way to give a choice. You best bet is to give them ONLY what you want them to wear.

Ok, complicated, but, possible, with OBSE. Basically, you would have to pay attention to what menu was open. If it was the barter menu, check what the mouse was currently pointing to. If it was wearable, and the player clicked on it, pop up another menu, that would ask if you want to buy it, or have it modeled. If modeled, give it to the mannequin, and have them equip it. If they already have something in that slot equipped, remove it, and put it back in the vendors inventory.

You would have to build in some safetys though. As not every vendor that offers armor, is going to have a vendor handy. I suppose, you could dynamically place the mannequins..... but, that would add yet another layer of complexity.... There might be a better way, but, not that I can think of just off-hand.

Ok, complicated, but, possible, with OBSE. Basically, you would have to pay attention to what menu was open. If it was the barter menu, check what the mouse was currently pointing to. If it was wearable, and the player clicked on it, pop up another menu, that would ask if you want to buy it, or have it modeled. If modeled, give it to the mannequin, and have them equip it. If they already have something in that slot equipped, remove it, and put it back in the vendors inventory.

You would have to build in some safetys though. As not every vendor that offers armor, is going to have a vendor handy. I suppose, you could dynamically place the mannequins..... but, that would add yet another layer of complexity.... There might be a better way, but, not that I can think of just off-hand.

That's what I was hoping for, someone with experience to tell me what is possible. Now I can do my research and make a more detailed design. Thanks!