DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Using multiple body replacers

speedyg869

I'm installing a body replacer in an alternate location to be use in specific instances in a mod.

"\Meshes\sg869\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif"

"\Meshes\sg869\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif"

I don't want to interfere with the default body replacer. In the CS, for a each NPC I can point to only one NIF file (usually the skeleton.nif).

Will the game use both NIF files in the folder I specify?

Your best bet is to create a new race where you can specify the meshes you want. Then make each NPC that race.

You can duplicate any of the vanilla races (make sure to give it a new name) then change out the body meshes.

I was hoping not to, but it's probably the cleanest way. Thanks! :ouch:

Your best bet is to create a new race where you can specify the meshes you want. Then make each NPC that race.

You can duplicate any of the vanilla races (make sure to give it a new name) then change out the body meshes.

IIRC that is not possible. Every race uses the same body mesh, and you can only change body textures. Head meshes are changeable however.

The only way for an NPC to "use" a different body is if you make new cloths using the body meshes

IIRC that is not possible. Every race uses the same body mesh, and you can only change body textures. Head meshes are changeable however.

The only way for an NPC to "use" a different body is if you make new cloths using the body meshes

Not really. It wonders me that it hasn't yet been used in mods, but TheTalkieToaster made up a way to have different bodies by using modified skeletons. It's pretty cool.

Here's the link to file with images and videos.

Im waiting on the next version of nifse to finish my mod that will allow custom body meshes.

EDIT: Talkie's mod only seems to use different meshes, if you equip a pice of clothing the custom body piece is replaced with the generic body parts again.

How? Isn't it that he makes skeleton variations so that whatever you wear or whichever body mesh is used it gets fat, hunched or whatever the skeleton is. On the screenshots are all unmodified vanilla armours and clothes.

Are you referring to Nifscope?

NifSE is an obse plugin.

Edited by washington

You can only have 1 default body mesh. The game dos not allow for more then one. What TTT did is altered the skeleton so whatever armor you put on, it is deformed to the skeleton, so there is no mesh difference at all. You kill that NPC and wear their cloths, it will look 100% normal on you.

I no nothing about NifSE, so I can not comment on its abilities.

How? Isn't it that he makes skeleton variations so that whatever you wear or whichever body mesh is used it gets fat, hunched or whatever the skeleton is. On the screenshots are all unmodified vanilla armours and clothes.

Yes, I has to be the skeleton.nif which does this. I will take another look at this TT's mod. I believe bg2048 used a similar method in the Stranded Light or RBP. Because there's a women standing outside of the IC Market entrance reading a book. She has an LL lowerbody and more of the hourglass than the HGEC M lowerbody I have installed.

Edit: After looking in the CS, I'm not sure. Maybe I should ask bg2048.

Edited by speedyg869