DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

my mods aren't working :(

bvocean

Ok! Important questions first. :smug:

1: Is your Oblivion patched to the current version? 1.2.0416

2: What OS are you using? Windows XP, Vista, Win7?

3: Where is your Oblivion game installed to? As in the filepath? Like C/program files/Oblivion that kind of thing.

:dizzy: These will help us narrow down your problem.

Ok! Important questions first. :smug:

1: Is your Oblivion patched to the current version? 1.2.0416

2: What OS are you using? Windows XP, Vista, Win7?

3: Where is your Oblivion game installed to? As in the filepath? Like C/program files/Oblivion that kind of thing.

:dizzy: These will help us narrow down your problem.

thanks for reply :cry:

1. how do i find this out?

2. Win 7

3. its installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data

Edited by bvocean

Hiya ocean. When you start the game you should see the version number in he lower left corner...or was that the upper left...either way. If it doesn`t say 1.2.0416 you need to get the patch.

hi :)

no it says 1.0.228.............so i guess that's my problem XD

thanks alot for your help :)

Windows Vista and Windows 7 both are odd in of that the program files folder is protected.

There are two possible solutions to the missing meshes that don't put your computer at a risk that can be done without reinstalling the game.

First is forcing windows to not protect the folder you have Oblivion installed in. I've never done it because I don't have a clue how to do it.

Second is install the files by dragging them into your oblivion folder. This forces the computer to ask for admin confirmation on what you're doing, which bypasses the issue of needing to not protect that folder when installing.

There are other methods. One is to just turn of windows account control, which puts your computer at risk(kinda), forcing you to protect your computer without automatic checking by windows. More of a expert option.

A good method is to just install the game outside of the Program Files folder. Much better, and since you've just started modding, doing so is virtually painless.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 both are odd in of that the program files folder is protected.

There are two possible solutions to the missing meshes that don't put your computer at a risk that can be done without reinstalling the game.

First is forcing windows to not protect the folder you have Oblivion installed in. I've never done it because I don't have a clue how to do it.

Second is install the files by dragging them into your oblivion folder. This forces the computer to ask for admin confirmation on what you're doing, which bypasses the issue of needing to not protect that folder when installing.

There are other methods. One is to just turn of windows account control, which puts your computer at risk(kinda), forcing you to protect your computer without automatic checking by windows. More of a expert option.

A good method is to just install the game outside of the Program Files folder. Much better, and since you've just started modding, doing so is virtually painless.

Regarding yellow exclamation points; This means you are missing the meshes of the mod.

If you are talking specifically of this Viking Village mod, then have you downloaded and installed all the parts? It looks like there are 3 required, 1 optional for voice files.

You must install Viking Village 150 first for all the meshes and textures, then Viking Village 151, an update to it. Then install Viking Village 2.0, which updates the land.

The compressed file comes with several folders in it.

You MUST place these folders in your Game folder in the correct path or the mod will not work. The yellow exclamation diamonds mean you have the meshes in the wrong folder.

\Oblivion\Data\Meshes\*

\Oblivion\Data\Textures\*

ahhh, i just opened the downloaded zip file and there isnt even a meshes folder in it O_o just a file and a textures folder maybe that is the problem XD