DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

blender manual

l0new0lf331

I swear blender wants me to lose my mind.Not sure where my original copy went,but I had a pdf of the manual,you know the one with the gingerbread animation,and its gone.Scoured my computer for it so I could clarify a few things.I googled it but couldn't find a download for it anywhere.I have v2.49b so if someone could point me to the downloadale link.I checked the wiki and it seems different than the version I had before................Blender..............that monkey laughs at me...............

Ok I haven`t found a downloadable version of the official manual but was able to access it on line through the hep tab in the blender top header. All I can suggest is that if you find a section you want to review off line, pring those pages using bullzip or another PDF writing app.This is what I`ve had to do with the ginger bread man tut.

@grond yeah thats it.but I had the whole thing in a PDF.I checked there as well and that whole section is what I had.haven't a clue what happened to it so since I'm not always online I was hunting it down for offline use.Was basically using that whole manual for my instruction.

@donnato That's what I'll have to do then.I googled it and couldn't find the dang thing.

@garnett That isn't it.but that is one of them I checked out in my search.

I got the noob 2 pro,and a classroon pdf,they'll suffice for now.I was using the animated ginger bread man tutorial in the manual I had.Like a guitar piece in order to learn and memorize iwas doing it over and over,to learn the controls etc.i had to take a break from working with blender,also had to clean a bunch of crap from my HDD.Probably deleted it on accident.the manual i dl'd didint include that and is different from the one @grond linked.Oh well,what I got I can still use and will try to Strip it off of blenders site.Thank you.

What issues are you having? There are experts nearby; your questions and their answers could be very useful to other modelers. :thumbup:

Allright I'll try to explain.I got a 3 cubed sword tutorial from echo.I DL'd at the nexus.In it,while he was making the hilt,in a couple clicks he was able to multi select certain vertices.you may need to watch the video to know what I'm talikng about,and I don't know how to upload that to this reply.I can use Fraps to show just that section but don't know how to set it here for your viewing pleasure.I,ve been scouring the manuals and control cheat sheets and trying to find what he did with it.For a coupla things I'm working on that would help in speeding things up a bit.Right now all I now to use is Shift-RMB and select the vertices individually.

Edit:Uploading the vid to you tube now,will link it later.

Edit 2:this is the link http://www.youtube.com/user/l0new0lfzed?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/7nooY2LHjCE

I figure knowing how to select vertices like this would be helpful for all trying to fight with...errr....learn Blender.

Edited by l0new0lf331

Ok tis helps. Lonewolf...in edit mode,where you select vert,line,or face,the next button says "occlude gackground geometry...deselect it. Now you can use "b"key to box select a group of verts. "b" twice gives you circle select and you can mouse wheel the circle larger or smaller. In the center of his project handle he may have used edge loop. It`s hard to tell since the tut vid was recorded using fraps and for some reason some things don`t show up.

To check and see that your verts/edges are selected all the way around use num pad 1(side view),ctrl+1(opposite side view),num pad 3(end view), ctrl+3(opposite end view), num pad 7 (top view),ctrl+7 (bottom view). If you want to go back to just selecting verts/edges/faces facing you make sure you reselect the occlude background geometry button to avoid accidently selecting features opposite the one/s you want.

Hope I got this mostly right. I`ve learned this all the hard way.

XD dude, if you had trouble with it you coulda just asked me.

All I did was use the B-key function. Pressing it once lets you click and drag to select things, and as explained above, pressing it again will give you a circle tool for more detailed selection.

:P dude, if you had trouble with it you coulda just asked me.

All I did was use the B-key function. Pressing it once lets you click and drag to select things, and as explained above, pressing it again will give you a circle tool for more detailed selection.

Sorry dude.just saw this post.oops. XD but yeah I got it going now.Thanks.wasn't sure how many echos therewere.