DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

BSA Repacking

l0new0lf331

Allright,just got done PyFFIing the Oblivion meshes. During the repacking I took note that when I added the meshes folder,the loose files in there didn't show.When I added file they still didn't show.I'm using OBMM's BSA creator 'cuz BSACommander,well I couldn't figure out how to use it.In the main screen I add the DistantLOD,and Meshes,I check the files and the furniture markers are not in there.When I add the Trees folder ,it doesn't even show up.The folder I got the meshes in,should I just pick that folder or add the 3 folders one at a time?

Both BSAC and OBMM are good tools for creating BSA's though some people have more luck with one than the other (see the other thread that I started).

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean when the files aren't showing (in-game? in the CS? in OBMM?). What most people do is create a temp folder with the same directory structure as the Oblvion Data folder, and put all the needed bits and pieces there. (There's also a program called TES4Files that automates this for you.) Then you can just add the entire folder in one go with OBMM.

I think it's been confirmed that DistantLOD doesn't work when packed into a BSA. Besides, the player may want to run TES4LODGen so it's probably best to leave the DistantLOD folder "loose".

Not sure if I answered your question, but I hope that helps.

From the TESPositive site on Optimizing and Repackaging Meshes BSA.

1. Make sure you have a backup of the original BSA.

2. Use OBMM's BSA browser utility to extract all of the BSA's contents to the PyFFI "in" folder. (path above)

3. Right-click on the optimize INI, and choose "Run PyFFI".

4. Launch OBMM's BSA creator utility.

5. Add the "in" folder first (because the files need to start with "Meshes" or "DLOD" or "Trees", not the super or subfolders.)

6. Add the "out" folder, overwriting the unoptimized files fromt the "in" folder.

7. Click create, browsing to the original BSA to be replaced (which ensure naming accuracy.)

8. Use the 'Reset BSA timestamps' function in OBMM, or (as a safer option) use a file redator to set the modified date back to 2006. >> note: SetFileDate, linked on Programs & Utilities, also works on Windows 64-bit.

9. If you have problems with the leading spaces disappearing, download and install the following: PyFFI-Optimized Vanilla Meshes Patch.esp

Sounds like you're having problems with steps 5 & 6. Is this the way you did it?

I'm also not sure what you mean about loose files. There should be no loose files in the Meshes folder.

the loose files in the folder are as follows: editorlandplane ; furnituremarker01 ; furnituremarker02 ; furnituremarker03 ; furnituremarker04 ; furnituremarker11 ; furnituremarker12 ; furnituremarker13 ; furnituremarker14 ; marker_arrow ; marker_creature ; marker_divine ; marker_error ; marker_horse ; marker_light ; marker_map ; marker_north ; marker_prison ; marker_radius ; marker_sound ; marker_temple ; marker_travel ; markerteleport ; markerx ; markerxheading ; target ; targetsafezone .

They are all NIF's.I think they're from the CS.I haven't installed anything else and besides everything else is going to the data folder anyway.LOD repacks,and the meshes folder repacks.The trees folder doesn't repack as well as these loose files.Will try repacking as I see now I did it wrong.I was adding the LOD,MEshes,and Trees folders themselves,not the folder they were in.Still confused about the loose files though.

ok but thats how i found it.those files are in the meshes folder ,but not in their own folder.they are loose at the bottom.

Ah-hah, we are mis-communicating. By "loose" I thought you meant not in a folder at all. You have them in the meshes folder, they are in the right place.

I'm not sure what you meant by pause feature. If you mean something so you don't lose progress by making a clean save and updating, you don't need anything for that. It will catch itself back up based on where you are in the DB quest chain. You should retrieve your belongings from the Sanctuary first, though. Or did you mean something else?

yeah im updating all my mods for this reinstall,think i already got bdbs,idk,theres been many a mod updated,there all running together now.................betterdarkcitysanctuaryallnaturalreflexunnecessaryoooverhaulvibrantmmmanimarco......my brain right now feels like tapioca pudding with bannana chunks...........

Yeah so I need to replace the charachters folder.After repacking,which went well,thank you guys,I started a new game.In the prison cell all went well until I turned towards Valen Dreth,then lag city.Same thing when the guards and the emperor came down only more pronounced.So is it the character and creature folders NOT to PyFFI?

Edited by l0new0lf331