DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] - The Soggy Bottoms Boys

Citrus

SBBTitle.png

Bendu Olo, a Dunmer "businesswoman" tasks a ragtag group of adventurers to retrieve a Dwemer artifact from the only Dwemer ruin in Cyrodiil, Tuurdan. Acting on behalf of a collector in Skyrim, Bendu Olo provides them with the directions and key to the facility and little else. They have to retrieve the artifact and deliver it safely to the accorded drop site. The three men had no idea they'd get much more than what they bargained for.

SBBPremise.png

The Soggy Bottoms Boys
is a multi-quest mod for Oblivion that aims to bring back Dwemer ruins to Oblivion. They were one of the most fascinating and mysterious places to explore in Morrowind and the lack of any genuinely interesting dungeons in Oblivion just accentuated that fact. Introducing them in Oblivion, with the necessary explanations to fit the lore, brings more variety to the world.

SBBFeatures.png

The Soggy Bottoms Boys
features a multitude of open-ended quests that see you travelling through Cyrodiil following the footsteps of the three smugglers. It adds many new items, locations and NPC's. Below is a list of the important additions:

• Complete new set of armor, based on the Dwarven armor design

• New blunt weapon based on Morrowind's Sunder design

• Multi-level Dwemer ruin, complete with new enemies (Dwemer Animunculi)

• Many new custom weapons and armors for the various NPC's of the mod

• Open-ended quests with rewards depending on your choices

• The option of gaining a new companion

SBBProgress.png

The mod progresses slowly, mainly because I have to conciliate this with my studies and the rest of my life and also because of the amount of content the mod adds. I hold myself to high standards and from building the spaces to creating the NPC's and planning the quests, everything is made with care and consideration to ensure the highest quality possible; to make the environments, the NPC's and the quests seem and feel consistent and alive, not to mention testing all this (with the help of the B.T.A. Guild).

Below is a small list that details the progress of the mod. It represents estimates based on what I have planned and is subject to change whenever needed: one day it might be at 100% but if I decide to add something else, that percentage may decrease.

• Exterior spaces: 100% (tweaking)

• Interior spaces: 100% (tweaking)

• Quests implementation: 5%

• New dialogue: 0%

• New items: 70% (tweaking)

• New NPC's: 85% (tweaking)

SBBGallery.png

Due to the sheer amount of screenshots I have to show, the best option was to host them elsewhere so to see the gallery, click the banner above. I'll post here a few of the highlights. Take note that some of the screenshots are dark. Really dark. Abandoned underground ruins are supposed to be dark so I went with that.

th_ScreenShot302.jpg th_ScreenShot303.jpg th_ScreenShot312.jpg th_ScreenShot319.jpg th_ScreenShot334.jpg th_ScreenShot335.jpg

th_ScreenShot350.jpg th_ScreenShot352.jpg th_ScreenShot354.jpg th_ScreenShot356.jpg th_ScreenShot364.jpg th_ScreenShot381.jpg

SBBCredits.png

I'd like to thank Phitt and everyone behind the
mod for the wonderful Dwemer tileset and resources, DaMage for his incredible recreation of the
, waalx for parts of his
mod and Gervas for his
(with PeterEater's update) for the Nord Shield.

Hmm, thanks for the replies. I couldn't find the last one, of the Dwemer animunculi. They look awesome. The other resources look good too, of course. Some of those things might be useful for the dungeon part.

Oh yeah, and if you're still working on the centurions, I'd be glad to use them :).

One question: can I change the title of my threads or that only comes when I make X number of posts? Because I want to change it but I can't. Maybe I'm just being possessive...

Edited by elParedon

You can easily change the title of your thread. :D You need to click on the "Use Full Editor" button. That will give you access to all of your first post instead of just the body of the post.

:pints:

I really suck at this... Thanks a lot :). First post has been updated, not just the title. I had a sudden rush of ideas yesterday. Some more far fetched than others but oh well.

Edited by elParedon

Oooo I love the Dwemer :D and the ruins in Morrowind were waaaaay better than what OB has to offer. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Details have been posted, enough to spark the curiosity. I'll get a pic up there soon; nothing from the mod itself, just a cover image, so to speak.

Sorry for the double post but I have some news about the mod. Well, they aren't about the mod per se but more about my computer. It took a crap on my three days ago and Oblivion and unfortunately all the mods files went down with it. Guess I'll have to start over. Good thing, if there can be one, is that I wasn't that far into it; basically only the first part of the mod was made and that was a small thing compared to the rest (the Dwemer part).

Anyway, it is back up and running and ready to have Oblivion reinstalled. This time I won't fill it with mods and will just keep it to the bare essentials. I can't have it all buffed up and ready to play. I have a mod to make. I can't have any distractions and Oblivion is quite a big one for me...

Aaaaah I can't for the life of me remember the name of the film you'r referencing but it made me giggle! :D

Sounding like an interesting quest all the same though too ;)

O Brother Where Art Thou. Great film :). Saw it again a few days ago (right before starting the mod) so I decided to go with the name of the band.

I'll probably update this thread sometime later tonight or tomorrow since I've been polishing the house a bit and have started on the cave that will lead to the Dwemer Outpost. Plus, it's full of goodies. The references to Morrowind don't stop with the Dwemer... Oh, and I'll show up in there too.

Edited by elParedon

• 2 weeks later...

The first post has been updated. There is a healthy sum of new screens and the description has been overhauled. Go check it out.

There are none concerning the Dwemer outpost per se since I don't yet have the necessary materials to start building it. They are coming soon, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Going to leave this here:

gallery_416_194_459411.jpg

It's already in-game and looks even better with an amber light shining on it.

The first post has been updated. The old screens made way to new ones, almost three times the number. Interiors and exteriors are officially finished, bar a few books and some other objects that are still on the making (but nothing major; it's just placing them in the world) and now it's off to scripting and quest-building.

• 1 month later...

Time for a (small) update: I have overhauled most of the NPC's on the mod (they are still mostly dead) but all of them feature custom armor and weapons; don't take that as something completely different from vanilla Oblivion because it isn't. I used armors that come with WAC (check the credits above) and they are some nice variations of the vanilla armors and the weapons aren't anything outlandish, just some more variety. The stats differ a bit from vanilla but they fall in the same categories (custom fur armor is still as strong as vanilla fur armor, etc.)

I also started working on one of the non-journal quests and it's almost finished, loading screens and all that. I just need to tweak the reward a bit before it's considered playable and balanced. After that, it's off to some more loading screen creation, book writing and more quests.

• 4 months later...