DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Construction Set and TES4 Gecko

Aralore

I have seemed to have ran into a small problem. When I load up TES4Gecko to clean mod, the .esp file is not there. I closed CS before I did it but still not there. I find it in CS and in the launcher where you activate it but it not in data folder. What am I doing wrong?

This sounds like you're either on Vista or Windows 7 and have Oblivion installed in the default Program Files folder, which does not allow you to save or modify files. It will have been saved in some sort of 'virtual folder' on your disk somewhere (sorry, I couldn't tell you exactly the path) which is how Oblivion can still see it but other programs can't.

It's always my advise to not install Oblivion into this default folder but rather install it outside into a custom folder such as C:\Games. You can either uninstall/re-install, or you can move all the files but you'd have to update the registry with the new file path (not recommended).

If that is the problem, there are solutions.

The CS is NOT part of the game so the OS sees it as a virus or trojan program trying to change Oblivion game files. This is not allowed by the OS.

Solution? Pick "one" of these:

1. Install your game to your Root C: drive. Like C:\Games\Oblivion\ or another drive entirely if you have one.

2. Remove the security from your OS and then you can join the XP computer ranks and become a Zombie computer. *Not recommended.

3. In your \Oblivion\Data\ folder, look at the top right. There should be a button called 'Compatibility Files'. Click that to find your mod. You can then copy it from there to your Data folder.

4. Run the CS in Administrator mode. Right-click on the icon and select, Run as Administrator.