DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQ] Armor & weapons for an OOO quest line

Arkngt

The next OOO release will have a new quest line revolving around the Dragonborne Knights. They are already in the current release but the quest line was never implemented by Oscuro - but now Eloise has made a complete quest line for them. The problem is that we haven't found any suitable armors and weapons for it - so in the worst case I guess the quest line will be "hidden" in the next release as we haven't any rewards that seem fitting.

Here's what's needed:

1 Sword [one-handed]

1 Blunt [one-handed]

1 Bow

1 Staff

1 Heavy Armor set

1 Light Armor set

Everything but the staff is for the Dragonborne faction, who are very Knightly. The staff should be Goblin-like rather. The armors should have a female variant and support for Robert's Male and HGEC at least.

I've been checking out quite a lot of armor/weapon mods but haven't found anything that seems fitting and coherent. Also, OOO is a legendary mod IMO so it's a tall order to live up to its legacy when adding stuff to it.

Anyway, I'm not posting this on the official forums as I think it preferably should be a semi-secret and surprise when it comes out. I'd gladly receive tips on modded armors/weapons that are fitting. But it would be even more awesome with custom made armors/weapons so would love if someone/a team would be interested in making it.

Some reference pics of the Dragonborne items already in OOO:

Dragonborne Elite Insignia

Dragonborne Shield

Dragonborne Cuirass

Templar Longsword I

Templar Longsword II

Edited by Arkngt

You've come to the right place at least! I know of a couple of people who seem to never tire of weapons :rofl:

Personally, I could also help out, but currently sitting on a request. Actually closing in to be done, so I might just check back here later!

Currently I can make any kind of weapons, and I am able to make armor as well. Maybe not as good, but eh.

With the right reference, and with a good deadline, anything is possible :smug:

I am good at low poly modelling, and decent at hard surface high poly modelling. Still new to organic modelling, but getting the hang of that! My texturing skills is still something I work on, but I do believe I am good enough for mere weaponry/armory :)

So, if you don't find anyone else, check my gallery and send me a PM!

Cheers,

Matth

Edited by Matth

You've come to the right place at least! I know of a couple of people who seem to never tire of weapons :rofl:

Personally, I could also help out, but currently sitting on a request. Actually closing in to be done, so I might just check back here later!

Currently I can make any kind of weapons, and I am able to make armor as well. Maybe not as good, but eh.

With the right reference, and with a good deadline, anything is possible :smug:

I am good at low poly modelling, and decent at hard surface high poly modelling. Still new to organic modelling, but getting the hang of that! My texturing skills is still something I work on, but I do believe I am good enough for mere weaponry/armory :)

So, if you don't find anyone else, check my gallery and send me a PM!

Cheers,

Matth

Thanks! I'll do that. :)

I can model low poly just fine, still figuring high poly out. If I could reference pics of the sword or mace I could give them a shot for ya! My gallery includes pictures of my weapons models.

Thanks! Will do. :)

I'm not really the perfect guy on the post for this as I'm not so much for knightly stuff to begin with and not a huge fan of the Dragonborne Cuirass above to be honest. And I also think that the Templar Longsword perhaps should be swapped as well (meaning one more 1H sword...) - preferably renamed (Dragonborne Longsword?) and perhaps with Akatosh signs (as on the shield/septims) instead of crosses?

Anyway, I'm very much for keeping Oscuro's decisions/visions as well so perhaps the sword should be left as it is. But the theme should be black I guess - and the Akatosh sign is cool as well. And the Red Dragon on the Elite Insignia is also cool. So blackish with Akatosh sign/Red Dragon as theme? And weapons that are ornate just as the Templar Longsword but with Akatosh signs?

Edited by Arkngt

I'm not really the perfect guy on the post for this as I'm not so much for knightly stuff to begin with and not a huge fan of the Dragonborne Cuirass above to be honest. And I also think that the Templar Longsword perhaps should be swapped as well (meaning one more 1H sword...) - preferably renamed (Dragonborne Longsword?) and perhaps with Akatosh signs (as on the shield/septims) instead of crosses?

Anyway, I'm very much for keeping Oscuro's decisions/visions as well so perhaps the sword should be left as it is. But the theme should be black I guess - and the Akatosh sign is cool as well. And the Red Dragon on the Elite Insignia is also cool. So blackish with Akatosh sign/Red Dragon as theme? And weapons that are ornate just as the Templar Longsword but with Akatosh signs?

Yup send me a pm of the weapons and such and i'll give it a shot! I might be able to do the shields to if I can see them as well, I did make a model for the sparten shield from 300.

This looks interesting indeed :smug:

But again, I'll see if anybody else join. If not, and I finish my curretent WIP, and I'll get started :) At least I see no prolems working with John :) I am able to model anything there is a reference on. So, that's not a problem.

Cheers,

Matth

Ah, is this where all the modellers are hiding?

I think Arkngt has basically got all the details covered. For the armor and weapons, what we're looking for is something a bit more 'high-level' in appearance than the existing dragonborne armor, which is basically just a retexture of the guard cuirass and various iron pieces, but then it is designed more for lower level characters. By the time they get this stuff, the player will have ploughed their way through most of the goblin dungeons in Cyrodiil - and some of them can be a bit tough, as the war chiefs and shamans are around levels 13-20 - so it needs to be something suitably impressive for a character in the mid-teens level-wise.

The staff, as Arkngt said, should be more 'goblin' in appearance, but not like the clan totems - something more 'tribal', like a witch doctor might have used.

Eloise

Sounds good, do you guys have any reference pics to work off of? I cant really work without them XD

There are reference pictures of the Dragonborne armor in the original post. Just tell me if you need more detailed oones or anything. Not sure which reference pictures to use for the "tribal" staff.

EDIT: Seems like we have it rolling now so there will be a WIP thread shortly. :)

Edited by Arkngt