DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Official Trailer Discussion

Hanaisse

See the Official Release In-Game Trailer at

elderscrolls.com

gallery_5630_218_646904.jpg

It's here, and it's magnificent!

A glimpse of a beautiful wonderous world of superior quality that will leave us all drooling for more for the next 9 months.

What did you see? What did you think? Are you excited for more?

Open discussion (but please, be respectful).

Links:

Direct DL

Bethesda's YouTube Channel

A big Thank You to Meo for providing the above in-game pic. Also for providing more screenshots available here for your pleasure. :)

Varied height in the landscapes- the glimpse of that city made me real happy, as did seeing the placeholder hero dude on the edge of a short cliff. I realize that rolling flatness was part of the Cyrodiil landscape experience, and appropriate to the retcon, but I missed the dramatic scale of MW, landscape wise. This looks like it may deliver some of that.

My first impression - just ... wow.

The scenery is impressive, and I love the varied look of snow covered mountains to autumn trees/forest, to lush green forest, and especially the raging river. Birds flying overhead, more than just a few deer roaming around the forests. They've really outdone themselves in this aspect.

The throat-slitting stealth kill, I have to say it's about time this was done properly. The blood splatter may be too much for some folks but it definitely adds realism. It also seemed to me, just before our venerable hero lets loose the spine-tingling dragonshout, that there's some semblance of fatigue/exhaustion that one can now see and experience. Will do just nicely for immersion.

Also, well done Beth for new body meshes / textures that look like REAL people. :D

:dizzy: Spectacular, probably the best-looking game I have ever seen! The landscape, the characters, everything looked excellent, I can't believe it was in-game!

Time for a new sig I think

EDIT: did anyone else love the running sounds? I did, very immersive, the view bobbing too. I kind of hope they make it so you can toggle that though, I can see it annoying some people.

Edited by the-manta

Finally, no more slapping people upside the head with flat metal sticks! If thats what the combat really looks like, I'm going to be drooling for a few hours straight...

EDIT:

Also that title screenshot for this thread has relived my worries about expressions! Unless this whole bit is CGI (I really hope not)

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

• Flowing rivers!
  • Unique landscapes
  • Birds
  • Bards playing guitar in taverns
  • Horses
  • Old ladies that look old
  • Watermills and windmills are animated
  • Different architecture styles

That's c/p of the list I posted on BF. Feel free to expand with interesting background details!

Edited by washington

Remember, that was on the xbox, this means on pc, we'll get high rez textures and possibly less blocky meshes with the new tessellation features of recent gfx cards.

Now, that trailer was AWESOME... thats all i have to say for now.

What?, you don't like teh spiders?, they only wanna be friends XD

Oooh, I didn't realize they were just trying to kiss you! Silly me always thought they were trying to sink those fangs in.

about the trailer: DRAGONS!! .... enough said.

I'm also thinking I'm gonna need a new computer :crybaby:

Edited by lonewolf_kai

Had facial tattoos already been confirmed? Because I'm pretty sure I saw one in the trailer- in the scene where there's two men fighting, the smaller one has three black claw-like lines on the side of his face.

Looks cool, doesn't it? The only "official" thing I've read from GI magazine is "facial and body features are entirely customizable". So.. maybe?

Other awesome things I've noticed;

• Illuminated windows (yay AWLS)
  • Particle system - the burning ashes from the dragon at the end.
  • Nirnroots!

Sweet.

Oh, and IS - feel free to go give them a hug. XD