DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Accidently given my mod a parent- how to fix?

Mysterious Mr. Bear

Hi guys,

nearly finished my mod, but now it is in an unrealeaseable state- It is now reliant on Hemmingway's capes!

The only thing I can think that would have cause this would be me accidently modifying something in game... that DOES cause parenting, right?

I used a mesh from Hemmingways and retextured it, so it has a new meshfile to have the texture. So that won't be the problem.

Can I just find whatever file I modified and click "ignore"? Is there a quick way to do this?

Thanks,

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D

TES4Gecko can remove mod master dependancies.

But you'll probably want to figure out why there is a dependency in the first place. Did you have Hemingway's checked when you created your mod in the CS and use a mesh from it?

(Btw, parenting and dependency are not the same thing. :) )

If the mod containing these capes is the ESM file, and you have loaded it when working on your mod, then it would become dependent on this ESM file regardless of whether you used anything from there or not. In this case, you need to download Wrye Bash, click your mod, and remove the unnecessary ESM file from the list on the right. And if it's not the ESM file, but an "esmified" ESP file instead, then the solution is the same.

If your mod does modify any of the contents from the unnecessary master (has an asterisk next to such object), then before doing this, you need to download TES4Edit, load your mod and all of its masters, click on its name once loading is done, find the modified content on the list, and delete it. Once you've done this, just close the program - it will allow you to save before closing.

You may want to create a backup before doing anything, just for safety.

This is the solution I can think of, from what I understood in your question.

EDIT: Hana was first... ;)

Edited by ZuTheSkunk

Ahhh thanks very much guys!

Yeah I had it loaded by accident. Sadly wyre bash has been unusable for me since instaling MTES4, but I couldn't live without that app... I allready have TES4GECKO though so it's all good! :D I'll take away the dependancy before release.

Thanks very much guys, don't know where I'd be without this site... :P

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D

Something like this should be checked via TES4Edit first. After you load the mod in question, right click on it's name in the left pane, and find the option that says "clean masters".

If it works, you should be able to expand the mod and look at the File Header part and verify that the master you want gone is actually gone.

If it is, close the app and save when prompted.

If it's not, then you have to do what Zu said and find the offending edits and remove them.

Forcefully removing a master using Gecko or Wrye Bash will *NOT* address leftover bad records and those leftovers can cause stability problems.

Something like this should be checked via TES4Edit first. After you load the mod in question, right click on it's name in the left pane, and find the option that says "clean masters".

If it works, you should be able to expand the mod and look at the File Header part and verify that the master you want gone is actually gone.

If it is, close the app and save when prompted.

If it's not, then you have to do what Zu said and find the offending edits and remove them.

Forcefully removing a master using Gecko or Wrye Bash will *NOT* address leftover bad records and those leftovers can cause stability problems.

thanks for the heads up, I will do that :)