DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Map Markers and Fast Travel

AndalayBay

How does the game determine where the PC (and horse if PC mounted) shows up when fast travelling to a map marker? I have several custom map markers and when I fast travel to those locations, I don't seem to wind up anywhere near the map marker. In one instance the map marker is a fair distance from the shoreline, but when I fast travel there, my horse's back feet are in the water. The map markers are for new locations that we've added to the game.

map markers are special MarkerHeading objects that dictate where you will fast travel to. If you are not ending up where you placed the marker then you did something wrong.

Try again and replace the markers. Verify that you are indeed doing everything necessary.

Post pictures of your steps for more accurate help.

I didn't realize that placing map markers was rocket science! I grabbed a map marker object and dragged it to the render window.

Here are the marker details. And this is a screenshot of it in the CS. The yellow X is where I wind up when I fast travel.

Now I didn't give it a reference ID, but I didn't think I had to. I'm not referencing it in scripts. I also didn't make it a heading marker, because I don't need that either, or at least I didn't think I did...

:lol: And I wonder what they are going to be called in the Skyrim creation kit...

Oblivion has path grids, but I thought those were for NPC's only. Now as it happens, there is a grid point right next to my map marker, so if fast travelling used those, I would expect to wind up very close to my map marker. There's also another grid point in the water where my PC and horse seem to be landing, but I don't know why that one would be selected over the one nearest the map marker.

Path nodes, and yes, that certainly can't hurt anything. Otherwise I've got nothing. I've placed map markers plenty of times and never landed off target with one.

Yeah and I looked at yours and can't figure out why they are different than mine :stare: I've used yours and they work fine! Did you reposition or add nodes to the path grids for your markers?

Edited by AndalayBay