DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

What causes "stretch on death"?

Arkngt

[Also posted on the Bethesda forums but I get no response there so I'll try here as well.]

Certain WarCry creatures stretch out on death so you get abnormally long legs etc. What might cause it? Should be some nif issue I guess but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what to look for. Would be nice to fix for the next WarCry update - I think it's the only issue left with it.

I can provide screens and nifs if it would help.

It sounds similar to Khajiit's with infinite long tails. Could possibly be the skeleton. Do they use the skeletonbeast.nif?

I believe that happens when you change one of the beast races NPC's into a none-beast race. Has to do with the skeleton being used like Hana said.

Yes, I've had that - but then you get infinite "lines" as Hanaisse said. These guys look fine until they are killed - only then are body parts prolonged and not infinitely. They are using their own skeleton.nif (meshes\oe\creatures\skeleton variants\skeleton.nif).

Can you use the drag key and pull them apart (aka stretch the legs out longer)? If so its cause by a poorly made skeleton...some of the bones where body parts are rigged to are missing constraints to hold them together.

Sounds like it very well might be it. I'll check out how it works in game. Thanks! :)

Edited by Arkngt

From what I see, you're using some custom, armored skeletons. Since skeletons' body parts are designed to not be connected between themselves after creature's death (resulting in skeleton falling into pieces that can be dragged around separately), it's most likely that the armor of these skeletons is rigged not only to the torso, but also to the arms. And since arms can be dragged separately from the torso, the result is that the parts of the armor are moving with them, just as it's visible on the screenshot. I guess that you would need to fix armor's rigging to get rid of that.

From what I see, you're using some custom, armored skeletons. Since skeletons' body parts are designed to not be connected between themselves after creature's death (resulting in skeleton falling into pieces that can be dragged around separately), it's most likely that the armor of these skeletons is rigged not only to the torso, but also to the arms. And since arms can be dragged separately from the torso, the result is that the parts of the armor are moving with them, just as it's visible on the screenshot. I guess that you would need to fix armor's rigging to get rid of that.

Yes, it only happens with armored skeletons. Would that be hard to fix? Anyone willing to take a look? I think we're talking about 3 or 4 creatures.

The problem is caused by the way the skeleton flies apart on death, it drags portions of the armor with it causing the armor to stretch. The easiest solution is to alter the skeleton.nif so it doesn't fly apart on death. It's a bit tricky to do but there are a few of them kicking around. The Vyper was using one that Nateneurotic made up, you could try contacting him.

Good Luck.

WT

The problem is caused by the way the skeleton flies apart on death, it drags portions of the armor with it causing the armor to stretch. The easiest solution is to alter the skeleton.nif so it doesn't fly apart on death. It's a bit tricky to do but there are a few of them kicking around. The Vyper was using one that Nateneurotic made up, you could try contacting him.

Good Luck.

WT

Thanks for the tip! I'll do that.

EDIT: The Vyper sent the skeleton.nif and it works fine so that definitely seems to have been the issue. Thanks for all the tips! Great forum. :)

Edited by Arkngt