DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Less Annoying Magic Experience

Dollparts

OK. I have a bloody headache now.

I am playing my game right. My character has a lesser power that gives her 75% chameleon but silences her. It is a spell I made for myself in the CS. Anyways, I cast it earlier this evening and I went to cast it to turn it off shortly after and my game froze and locked up. SO now I am silenced and cannot cast anything because every time I load my game and cast the spell my bloody game freezes locks up and I have to crtl atl delete the flipping thing. This has caused me considerable levels of rage to build up within my body and exit via my fist to the wall.

I don't know what is causing this but I am livid and ready to quit Oblivion because of it. Obviously.. just a reaction from the rage and it shall pass (I hope). Has anyone else experienced this kind of purroblem before or know what might be causing or and how to solve it? I have had this happen before and it seems to be completely random. I will go to cast a spell, only to freeze and lock up. Reload and try again and I freeze and lock up. Select a different spell and cast it with success and go to try the spell I first wanted to cast before I locked up and... freeze and lock the f up.

I really hate freezing and locking up right meow *cry*

Ah no way, thats so stressfull! :(

This happened to me with scripted spells from Midas magic spells after installing LAME. It had something to do with load order I think... If you want to save the character you could put the spell script on an item and fix it that way.

I'm confused though- if your silenced, how do you cast the spell to fix it? Is it a power or something? :)

Good luck! Its crappy when something simple ruins your game like that. Happens alot with mods I think.... I'm sure you'll get it fixed one way or another!

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D

It's not a scripted spell. Not once did I say it was scripted. It is just a lesser power that gives 75% chameleon and silences. The purroblem is for some reason when I cast the spell the game locks up. I have had this before with other spells, as I had said, and it seems completely random. I will be playing and go to cast a spell and the game will freeze and lock up. I will ctrl alt delete reload and go back to what i was doing only to have my game freeze and lock up at random again some time later when I try to cast another spell. It's just weird and upsetting is all. Was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.