DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Floating furniture

Striker879

I've been personalizing Anakondrak's Aranmathi Ayleid Home version 1.04, mostly adding NPCs and a few more mannequin bases in the interior cells. One problem with ver 1.04 is the entrance is slightly below water level (corrected in Miltiades' ver 1.05, but I was too far along by the time I became aware of that version). I raised the exterior to get the entrance above water. I can't be sure whether it started after doing that or not, but I've been noticing furniture, rugs and weapon racks in particular that levitate from ankle height above the floor to recently knee height. Before I raised the exterior I did a complete pass through all the interior cells dropping things to the floor (and rugs slightly lower to get rid of the pulsating margins) but none were more than 0.5 to 1.0 units off the floor. If I missed any at that time I'm certain none were anywhere close to what I'm seeing now. Is this a result of something I'm doing or a common problem when editing other's work?

Wait, you edited the house's exterior and now statics in the interior cells are floating? Because changes in exterior cells don't have any effect on interior cells. Are you sure you didn't just accidentally lower on of the interior tileset pieces? I've done that many times and wondered why everything wasn't aligned all the sudden. :D

That's what has me scratching my head. All I've touched in the interior outside of adding NPCs and a few mannequin bases is a half dozen rugs that were only slightly floating (but that was causing the margins of the rugs to flicker) and some chairs and one or two weapon racks that were also only slightly floating. The exterior is the only place I've moved actual building pieces. I don't recall the exact amount, but it's about 1/3 the height of one of the Ayleid entrance doors (the old door location is still persistent in my save game and I haven't got around to replacing it with another yet). All the first pass interior edits were minor in scale. Now I have one rug at knee level, two dressers at mid calf and some weapon racks at ankle level.

Do a clean save. Make sure you have all your stuff out of the area, save, and exit. Then, deactivate the mod in whatever tool you use for that, and re-load the last save. (being someplace FAR away is a good plan too.) Save again. Exit. Re-activate the mod, go back in-game, and see if things are now where they should be.

Thanks for the tip Hey. One further question ... should I finish all my planned editing before that (i.e. if I make any more edits after I've done that will I need to redo the clean save method)?

It's advisable that you do, or that you test your edits always with a clean save. It's the best way of knowing if things are like you left them in the CS since dirty saves hold some data and may make editing things complicated. Just keep one handy in case you need it.

EDIT: whoops, HY beat me to it :P.