DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Would this run?

Fuzz

I am about to place a deposit on a PC I will be getting in 2 months.

Before I do I would like to see how well you think it will run Skyrim (I know the specs have not yet been released.)

3a68c3461dd6146b09fe89f5d5731ee3.png

f33114d64fe11c8297bd4b23fa49a4aa.png

75a0204735c6f0023cb0dc6c7c744afa.png

8ef88c34f8e1828dbb7bcc060502769d.png

bc9a61e04c94af69194439c90ea9eb30.png

054029137fdea181b9cf0ad5e22ce0ca.png

e8704647bce86bbbe15f0a40bd0ee58a.png

Edited by Fuzz

I am going to assume that the system will come with a 64bit operating system, to take advantage of the 8 gig of ram. Given those basics though, I don't think it will have a problem running Skyrim, but, you won't be able to max it out with that vid card. Bumping to the 5770, or 5870 would get you better performance. But, if you don't need to have everything maxed.... that should be fine.

I am going to assume that the system will come with a 64bit operating system, to take advantage of the 8 gig of ram. Given those basics though, I don't think it will have a problem running Skyrim, but, you won't be able to max it out with that vid card. Bumping to the 5770, or 5870 would get you better performance. But, if you don't need to have everything maxed.... that should be fine.

Edited by Fuzz

Just a wild guess.. but, probably 5 or 6 with the current list of hardware. Along with the GPU upgrade, I would seriously consider going with the Phenom II quad-core CPU....... :D At this point in time, they are dirt cheap. I paid under 200 for my X4 965 Black 3.4ghz processor.

Just a wild guess.. but, probably 5 or 6 with the current list of hardware. Along with the GPU upgrade, I would seriously consider going with the Phenom II quad-core CPU....... :D At this point in time, they are dirt cheap. I paid under 200 for my X4 965 Black 3.4ghz processor.