DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Idle Dialogues - English Version

Cliffworms

Latest Version: 1.3 - 03/08/2011

Translated from the French mod of the same name by Shadow-She-Wolf.

Requires OBSE

This ESP Patch allows the NPCs to say their Idle Dialogue lines when they don't have anything in particular to do.

Like in Morrowind, idle NPCs will mutter to themselves.

These lines are present in Oblivion's main file and the voice files are present, but the game never calls them. This patch fixes that and works for all language versions of Oblivion.

It provides some funny lines from some NPCs such as :

"All I wanted was a hug." - Wood Elf

"A strong post to sharpen my claws - That's what I need." - Khajiit

"Snow. We need more snow. Can't have enough snow." - Nord

All the credits goes to Shadow She-Wolf. I only translated the readme. ;)

Download Link

Version 1.3 Update

• Added a condition to the script to prevent sleeping NPCs from saying their idles.
  • Added a condition to the script to prevent NPCs from saying their Idles if they're in combat.
  • Added a condition to the script to prevent NPCs from saying their Idles right after the player drank their blood as a vampire.

Past Versions:

Version 1.2 Update:

• Fixed a bug introduced in 1.1 that prevented most NPCs from saying their Idles.. (Silly me)
  • Added a condition to the script to prevent unconscious NPCs from saying their Idles (Notably Peryite's wroshippers)

Version 1.1 Update:

Added the following conditions in the script to avoid issues, notably one with some NPCs saying idles in the middle of cutscenes:

• IsPlayerControls Disabled : To prevent NPCs to say their idles during cutscenes where the player can't move.
  • GetISId: Uriel Septim, Martin, Mankar Camoran and Sheogorath will never say idles. (This is only a safety measure, as they couldn't say them before)
  • HasSpell AbGhostNPC (And the Shivering Isles equivalent. To avoid Ghost NPCs to say idles.
  • IsTalking: To avoid NPCs to say idles while talking in cinematics where the player can move, when talking to other NPCs and when already saying an Idle.

:foodndrink:

Edited by Cliffworms

This sounds awesome. In Morrowind I loved hearing the Dunmer with their scratchy voice muttering to themselves "I could kill that guar. These boots are ruined!" Ah, fun times. Seems like I'll have another mod to download once I have a proper install of Oblivion that's not cluttered by all my WIPs...

Thanks Cliff and Shadow-She-Wolf, of course.

I have been running around the IC all morning and really, really enjoying this mod. The moment I wandered into the Market District, I heard a guard complaining that he was "one pauldron short of a complete set" (paraphrasing), and that sealed the deal. :D Later on, in the Elven Gardens, I overheard some Breton guy pondering the merits of dishware. I had not realized just how much I missed that MW-style muttering.

This mod, plus Ambient Town Sounds, makes walking around the various cities so much more engaging. Thanks for translating this mod, and I send my thanks to Shadow-She-Wolf for making it.

This sounds awesome. In Morrowind I loved hearing the Dunmer with their scratchy voice muttering to themselves "I could kill that guar. These boots are ruined!" Ah, fun times. Seems like I'll have another mod to download once I have a proper install of Oblivion that's not cluttered by all my WIPs...

Thanks Cliff and Shadow-She-Wolf, of course.

They kept that line. :D

My Data folder is also cluttered with mods from a planned Oblivion playthrough (Which will never happen, obviously)

Yup...going after it now. thank you.

Enjoy and cheers! :pints:

I have been running around the IC all morning and really, really enjoying this mod. The moment I wandered into the Market District, I heard a guard complaining that he was "one pauldron short of a complete set" (paraphrasing), and that sealed the deal. :D Later on, in the Elven Gardens, I overheard some Breton guy pondering the merits of dishware. I had not realized just how much I missed that MW-style muttering.

This mod, plus Ambient Town Sounds, makes walking around the various cities so much more engaging. Thanks for translating this mod, and I send my thanks to Shadow-She-Wolf for making it.

I laughed at that Imperial line. There are a couple that are easter eggs referencing what the fans wanted during Oblivion's development.

There's one about Solstheim:

"Solstheim was never on the map before...not that I should care anyway."

There were several people on the forums during Bloodmoon's development not liking the fact that Bethesda had created a new island that was not in any of the maps. :P

They kept that line. :D

I can only use the PG-13 version so here it goes: hell yes!

There were several people on the forums during Bloodmoon's development not liking the fact that Bethesda had created a new island that was not in any of the maps. :P

I could care less about what was on the maps. Bloodmoon was the best expansion for Morrowind and besides, the map you see in Arena is not the one used now :P. One can add some plate tectonics to explain the sudden change :rofl:.

• 2 weeks later...

Any load-order recommendation for this? It's not (yet?) handled by BOSS, nor did I notice anything either here or in the downloaded readme.

UPDATE:

Amazingly, in the little bit of time since I posted my query the mod has been add to the BOSS master list.

Edited by Senile&Stupid

• 1 month later...

Greetings!

An update has been released. Some NPCs will stop interrupting their speeches with idles now. No more "I'm so hungry I could eat a Bosmer!" from a certain Divine Crusader...

Download Link

Version 1.1 Update:

Added the following conditions in the script to avoid issues, notably one with some NPCs saying idles in the middle of cutscenes:

• IsPlayerControls Disabled : To prevent NPCs to say their idles during cutscenes where the player can't move.
  • GetISId: Uriel Septim, Martin, Mankar Camoran and Sheogorath will never say idles. (This is only a safety measure, as they couldn't say them before)
  • HasSpell AbGhostNPC (And the Shivering Isles equivalent. To avoid Ghost NPCs to say idles.
  • IsTalking: To avoid NPCs to say idles while talking in cinematics where the player can move, when talking to other NPCs and when already saying an Idle.

Cheers ! :pints:

This mod is awesome. One thing though - during Chargen if you are playing through the normal prison routine, this mod was interrupting things A LOT.

Is your update fixing this in general or only for specific cases? If the latter, perhaps you could add a check to only trigger these if the CharacterGen quest is at stage 88 or higher?

It's not clear if the IsTalking check is going to catch it all or not.

And...another update.

A bug was introduced in the script in 1.1 which prevented most NPCs from saying their Idles. It's now fixed. (that was kind of counter productive. Silly me. )

Also, I've added a condition to prevent unconscious NPCs from saying their lines. (Most notably Peryite's unconscious worshippers)

This mod is awesome. One thing though - during Chargen if you are playing through the normal prison routine, this mod was interrupting things A LOT.

Is your update fixing this in general or only for specific cases? If the latter, perhaps you could add a check to only trigger these if the CharacterGen quest is at stage 88 or higher?

It's not clear if the IsTalking check is going to catch it all or not.

The update fixes this in general. With the "IsTalking" check, any NPC saying a dialogue line will never be interrupted to say an Idle line. When I first translated it, I did not think of checking up the CharGen and see how it went. But I tested it earlier today after finishing the update above and did not run into problems. You can hear the Mythic Dawn worshipers saying their idles if you sneak up on them, but the Blades and the Emperor will never say them. ;)

• 1 month later...

New version is up!

The new conditions added should stop NPCs from saying idles while asleep, in combat or at the moment the vampire player drank their blood.

Bugfixes:

• Added a condition to the script to prevent sleeping NPCs from saying their idles.
  • Added a condition to the script to prevent NPCs from saying their Idles if they're in combat.
  • Added a condition to the script to prevent NPCs from saying their Idles right after the player drank their blood as a vampire.

Download:

Download Link

In addition, Beagle2 from the Nexus told me that Idle Dialogues works with his German version of Oblivion.

I thought that since they did not implement the idle dialogues in the game, they might not have translated them in all languages. So Idle Dialogues will work with any language version of Oblivion.

Cheers! :foodndrink:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...