DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Making a clutter item from my static flowerpot

Tamira

Hello there.

Today I had the idea to convert my static flower pots to clutter items, so one can take them away and decorate a home with them. I replaced the static collision of my flowerpot in Nifskope with a simple clutter collision box from an existing item. All worked fine so far, I can grab the pot and push it around and place it where I want. And I can pick it up into my inventory and let drop it whereever I want. http://www8.pic-upload.de/19.05.11/qjs8lxvxi6s8.jpg

So far so good. But when I save the game after I have dropped it and then quit the game and load again, the pot always is vanished halfway into the ground. http://www8.pic-upload.de/19.05.11/gajh8wecbozk.jpg

(I even tried to make a new collision box in blender (uh – yes), but it didn’t work at all. I could not even grab the object and it hopped around and vanished.)

Has anybody an idea, what could be wrong with it? Or is it simply not possible to make a working clutter item out of this kind of assembly-mesh?

I hope my English is not too bad so you can understand what I mean.

Have no idea what it was, but probably some inaccurate yet obscured and not so well documented collision settings... anyway, I made a new convex collision for the pot in Blender, and tested it in game - worked fine after few hard loads.

Try to test it yourself - here - but make sure to use a clean save from the time until you tested it before!

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much for your help! Have a cookie.

I just downloaded your nif and tested it (I do testing always with a clean save). But sorry to say that I have the same problem as before with your nif. I even tried different locations and different saves and different chars. The pot is sunk into the ground after loading.

This is mysterious ...

I'm beginning to suspect that something else in your cell is messing up the Havok. I've had static items that I converted to clutter go strange and effect surrounding objects, including the floor. :blink: I tried putting Trollf's NIF in my test cell, going ingame and moving it onto a table. Then saving both inside and outside the test cell. After repeaded re-starts of Oblivion the flowerpot stayed exactly where I put it in both saves.

WT

Thank you for testing.

I really do not understand, why it doesn’t work here.

Here is exactly what I did:

1. Created a completely new empty interior, then placed ChorrolHouseMiddle01Interior and a lightbulb there. Then placed the flowerpot. Saved the esp.

2. Went there via coc with a clean save. Grabbed the pot, moved it around, put it in the opposite corner. Saved. Quit the game. Loaded. The pot is still there, all is o. k.

3. Went there again. Picked up the pot to my inventory. Then dropped it out of my inventory to the floor. The pot stands there alright. Saved the game. Quit the game.

4. Loaded again: The pot is halfway sunk into the floor.

5. Tried the same again, picked up the pot, went to Weye(Interior ), dropped the pot to the ground. Saved the game. Quit the game. Loaded: The pot is halfway sunk into the floor.

6. Tried the same on a different computer with a vanilla installation. It is all the same.

As if the quality of the nif changes somehow when added to the inventory and then dropped again.

Seems as if my game ist cursed ...

This is indeed odd. I remember when I made my lute and placed it into my test area (the stables just outside the IC) it seemed ok till I picked it up and placed it again. Then things got...scary...my character would sink into the ground up to his knees, rise up again then sink...over and over. I think I redid the collision in blender with different settings but I don`t remember exactly what.

• 2 months later...

Hello Tamira,

I checked your Nif and I checked Trollf's Nif. Maybe my Nif works. I sized the collision a little big larger than the model. If this does not work, you have to search the problem by someone else in the cell, as Windmill TIlter said before. ;)

Thank you very much for your interest and for the nif.

The collision in your nif is similar to the collision I mentioned in my first post "... hopped around and vanished". The same did the pot now with your nif.

And as for the cell: I tested this in various different cells - no difference in the result.

This flowerpot ist my nemesis - I take it "as is" and leave it for good. :D