DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Modifying a hood

Lanceor

Hoods like any other clothes are skinned (attached properly to the bones via certain specific data). If you add anything to them you need to do some weight painting on new elements or copy weights of vertices form other stuff (e.g. from hood itself). These things can only be done in Blender or 3DS...

As Trollf said you need to weight paint em Lance. Right now they arent attached to anything and will appear as the void in game. Once you weight paint the they will follow the hood and head where ever they go. I'd offer to do that for ya but unfortunately my modelling skills aren't good enough that I can do that :(

Edited by John

Needs Blender or 3DSMax eh? And it's not a simple copy pasta job? Looks like I'll need to ask for help to have it made. :dizzy:

Before I make a formal request though, would it help if I constructed the entire thing in Nifskope, positioning all the pieces precisely how I want before handing it over to the 3D artist? Or would they have to start almost from scratch anyway?

Needs Blender or 3DSMax eh? And it's not a simple copy pasta job? Looks like I'll need to ask for help to have it made. :dizzy:

Before I make a formal request though, would it help if I constructed the entire thing in Nifskope, positioning all the pieces precisely how I want before handing it over to the 3D artist? Or would they have to start almost from scratch anyway?

Would be best to position them if you can -- that way whoever does it for you will know where you want them placed -- which hood is it that you are attaching them to (some are easy to work with ( attached to just a single bone ie. head) others are a bit harder (attached to several bones ie. Head, neck, left clavicle, right clavicle, etc. ) - If it is just attached to the head then it is a fairly simple process to weight all the vertices 100% to the head -- If there are several bones it gets a bit more complicated and you'll need someone with more experience to blend the weights correctly.

Best bet would be to make the Nif with the items added and positioned and upload to a share site and post a link here (or in a request thread) so someone could download it and give it a try.