DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

HELP! Weird problem here

RedBag

Hello,

Two months ago, my C partition crashed, wiping out everything on it, the operating system (XP) and most programs. Oblivion was also cast into oblivion.

So i got a new operating system, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I installed Oblivion on C drive (outside of program files), but encountered a lot of problems. Not only did the game crash often, there were weird graphical issues. I first noticed my interface textures going completely white (instead of the old papirus texture). Also, there were no menu sound nor atmospheric music.

I decided to reinstall Oblivion on another drive and installed a lot of texture mods. Now i have Qarl's Texture Pack 3 Redimized + a ton of other texture replacers, and a bunch of Oblivion Graphics Extender mods.

My load order looks like this:

ScreenEffects.esm

Oblivion.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

ScreenControls.esp

RealisticHealth.esp

OBGE - Liquid Water.esp

OBGEv3 Controller.esp

RedBag - Fog AV1.esp

Problems: When i first load a savegame, everything is great, then after time, random textures start to disappear. Usually the interface textures, and the loading screens, then some world textures (like certain ground texture goes pitch black, or the entire sky). The menu and the atmospheric music doesn't work.

Help appreciated.

• Upvote 1

I think you have two different issues there. The sound issues are probably related to codecs. Win7 comes with more 'stock' then previous operating systems. You can try installing the klite basic codec pack, have it configured to repair broken codecs, and make sure FFDShow is set to ignore oblivion, audio, and video. (I think that is standard, but, never hurts to check.)

For the disappearing textures..... grab a copy of directx 9.0c, and install that alongside whatever version of directx you have now. I don't think 7 includes all the correct components for ya, and "backwards compatibility" really isn't what it should be.