DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Getting an Activator to move...

Mysterious Mr. Bear

Basicly, the desired effect that I want is to have the player cast a spell, and a boulder to appear above his head and fire at the target. I am attempting this by placing the rolling rock trap, which is an activator, above the players head, then setting the trap off as usual, thinking it would have some kind of ... BOOST to it, to push it forwards. but no... it has the (amusing) effect of plopping down on the players head.

So, does anyone know of a way to get the activator to move without prompt? I think it's possible as I've seen it used a couple of times in Midas Magic, but he might be doing something tottttaly differnt. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

Hmmmm... I'm not sure if it's possible to give the rock a certain amount of momentum causing it to fly at the target in a scientifically-accurate parabolic arc. But something fairly close could be doable. From the top of my head:

• Changing one of the default magic effects to have a rock mesh as the projectile, and firing it like a ranged spell (probably the easiest, but may conflict with other mods).
  • A static rock that is moved using a bunch of SetPos commands (may be processor intensive).
  • Make an arrow that looks like a rock mesh and summon an invisible NPC to shoot one arrow! (NPC's rarely behave as expected.)

I'd go with Lanceor's first suggestion. Plus, we all know the laws of Physics in oblivion are different than the ones on our planet, so... Not to mention that if the rock were to be thrown at a high speed (for maximum damage on impact), a parabolic trajectory can be negligible if the target's close enough.