DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

tutor and partner in crime

comrad1980

Hello guys (wave) I'm not sure if I should start a new topic for this but I may as well do it and hope for the best, I am of course new to the alliance so please bare with me. Ok so I'm trying to learn to mod, I have read and executed many of the things in the tutorials and what not, yet I cant grasp it (cry). Not that its too hard but with 2 toddlers a wife and a full time job its hard to jumble. So if there is any one out there who would like to take an open book under there wing I'm looking for you lol. Its much easier for me to learn by hearing and doing than reading but I can manage if need be. The type of mod I'm looking to learn how to do is homes I know there is a great and awsome tutor page but I get lost in the 1 million words that I go to swim in there lol. I'm old and set in my ways I guess so if one of you would have time to hang out a bit I would really be grateful to you. Any way this is me reaching out hope to see some one sooner or later, have a great day and thank you for your time.

Hello guys (wave) I'm not sure if I should start a new topic for this but I may as well do it and hope for the best, I am of course new to the alliance so please bare with me. Ok so I'm trying to learn to mod, I have read and executed many of the things in the tutorials and what not, yet I cant grasp it (cry). Not that its too hard but with 2 toddlers a wife and a full time job its hard to jumble. So if there is any one out there who would like to take an open book under there wing I'm looking for you lol. Its much easier for me to learn by hearing and doing than reading but I can manage if need be. The type of mod I'm looking to learn how to do is homes I know there is a great and awsome tutor page but I get lost in the 1 million words that I go to swim in there lol. I'm old and set in my ways I guess so if one of you would have time to hang out a bit I would really be grateful to you. Any way this is me reaching out hope to see some one sooner or later, have a great day and thank you for your time.

I understand you. Picking up the pace can be difficult, especially when you cannot dedicate some time to it. Mind showing some screenshots of what you managed to do by following the tutorials? When you say you can't grasp it, do you mean you can do those things when looking at the tutorial but then you can't replicate them without help?

House mods is what the CS Basics tutorials cover. Can you be more clear about why you get lost? I don't mean this in the wrong way; maybe you're trying to things too fast. I know I do that and then things don't turn out right.

Welcome! :wave:

What makes TESA special is that the authors of our class materials are onhand to guide you through the written material. You should join the CS Basics class. The material walks you step by step from installing the CS to releasing your first mod and I am available daily to answer questions in class or in PM. There are quite a few modders around here who cut their teeth in my class, give it a go. :good:

well to the first reply i get lost soon as i open my eyes lol, no really its just computer savy that i lack, see im a tattoo artist by trade so i make a living doing concept art and tattooing it to peoples skin lol, so the ideas are there the ability to add it to paper is there also, what i cant do is add it to the game thats why im looking for a partner. (BUT) i will do the classes and spend some time trying to learn. as to how far did i get not far kids and wife came home= pc time over for me lol. im not sure if i answered what you wanted to know or not but bare with me im workin on it lol. im here cuz you guys on this site are dedicated people with a nice attitude and some experiance so it drew me in to even give this a shot. i been playin this game for years i got the net and loads of games but this stand alone single player keeps callin me back lol, and while there is millions of mods there just not my own so here i am, any way thats alot to be adding to a forum ill save all that about me stuff for later. any way now that i know there is a teacher on daily to help ill use that to my advantage if i can, and still though some one for some one on one tutor time would be great too, or some one who can take my paper goods and make them happen would be good too. i use skype and teamspeak or what ever is around so i can be contacted. thanks again for your time in answering the post :)

Welcome to TESA! DarkRider is right there are quite a few of us that went through his Basics Class. I know how hard it is to learn something when you have kids and other things getting in the way. If I can be of help just give a pm and I'll help anyway I can.

aww, see you guys are great im glad to have found yall. and your name rocks bearhugs lol my son gives me those all the time ill indeed ask if your around. ill write your names down so i dont forget or is there an add friends on here some where

ill write your names down so i dont forget or is there an add friends on here some where

Click the little square with an arrow next to someone's username. In the bottom left-hand corner of the tooltip that pops up, there is a button with a little green man and a +. Click that to add someone as a friend.

Welcome to the alliance!

aww, see you guys are great im glad to have found yall. and your name rocks bearhugs lol my son gives me those all the time ill indeed ask if your around. ill write your names down so i dont forget or is there an add friends on here some where

Under the members avatars you'll see an icon of a person with a little green plus sign over it, click that and the member will be added to your friends list :D

Under the members avatars you'll see an icon of a person with a little green plus sign over it, click that and the member will be added to your friends list :D

tyvm :) now if i could just figure out why i cant coc to my house lol ty guys and for some odd reason i cant figure out how to use the chat box rofl im tellin ya im a noobtasic member

Welcome to the forums!!

I can't help all the time and I certainly don't know everything but if you have a question I might be able to help! :D This forum taught me everything I know and put up with my endless questions, its only fair I offer the same :P :P Feel free to message me whilst your getting the hang of things, I know a fair bit about scripting, building locations and general "Oh my god what have I done someone help me" problem solving :P :P

Take care,

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D

Welcome to the forums!!

I can't help all the time and I certainly don't know everything but if you have a question I might be able to help! :D This forum taught me everything I know and put up with my endless questions, its only fair I offer the same :P :P Feel free to message me whilst your getting the hang of things, I know a fair bit about scripting, building locations and general "Oh my god what have I done someone help me" problem solving :P :P

Take care,

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D

lol well ty also every one has been great i have already learned more in 1 day on here than a year distroying all my Obliv files over and over lol ill add you to friends list ty :)

A tattoo artist ? Very nice! :thumbup:

Maybe you could turn some of your tattoo artwork into textures. There will be plenty of people interrested in that once Skyrim is out, especially now that we can add facial tattoos (not sure if the same goes for body tattoos) directly in the character generation screen.

Following some of the great texturing tutorials here will help you on your way and we can always help out when questions arise! :cookie4u:

A tattoo artist ? Very nice! :thumbup:

Maybe you could turn some of your tattoo artwork into textures. There will be plenty of people interrested in that once Skyrim is out, especially now that we can add facial tattoos (not sure if the same goes for body tattoos) directly in the character generation screen.

Following some of the great texturing tutorials here will help you on your way and we can always help out when questions arise! :cookie4u:

would be cool if i could i have hundreds of face concept art tattoos in my porto if all goes as planed ill learn all this and be able to start adding maybe even learn how to turn some of them in to items