DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Urgent Help *Resolved*

Mysterious Mr. Bear

Im working on a mod that is very script intesnive. Everything is going fine, and then suddenly I hit a point a few hours ago- now when the .esp is loaded, gamemode blocks behave very strangly. I believe its anything with a gamemode block AND an onactivate block that ends up broken.

It is best seen in a scripts with messagebox menus. I have a creature that you can upgrade by activating him, then selecting upgrade from the menu. However, now he doesn't upgrade until I activate him a second time- the gamemode block doesn't run unless he's activated!

This isn't just my sloppy scripting though- because I tested it on the messagebox you get upon leaving the sewers and thats broken too!!! whats going on????

Does anyone know of a circumstance where the gamemode block will not run? Because this is really, really worrying.

Any help MUCH appreciated.

Mysterious Mr. Bear

--------EDIT---------------

:bagged:

For gods sake, the amount of times I do this.

Seconds. SECONDS. After making this thread, I solved the problem. I try and fix something to 3 hours, no exadurating, no luck. I make a thread BAM INSTANT GENIUS MOMENT and the problem is solved!!!!

sorry guys, there must be about 5 threads here now where I've done this. :bagged:

For anyone else who reads this over and has the same problem:

The issue was with script spam. An activator had a gamemode block that ran every fraction of a second and every fraction of a second used moveto to move itself to the player. This somehow resulted in all gamemode scripts failing, Im guessing due to some kind of script limit.

Hope at least I've helped someone else out,

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

Seconds. SECONDS. After making this thread, I solved the problem. I try and fix something to 3 hours, no exadurating, no luck. I make a thread BAM INSTANT GENIUS MOMENT and the problem is solved!!!!

Happens to me all the time. I've incorporated whining on irc/chat about issues into my troubleshooting procedure. I'm pretty sure our computers are sentient and like to know that we care enough to ask for help.

That happens all the time to me too, although I've been fortunate enough to think of something as I'm still typing the post, so nobody ever sees it! :lmao:

I think sometimes it's the act of describing the problem - especially in writing - that gets your brain moving in the direction to solve it.

Edited by AndalayBay

Yep, I've had brain fart moments like this plenty of times and have also cracked the case while typing up a post to get help with the problem. Andalay is probably on to something since writing up the problem for others to help with forces you into analyzing things as you're writing.