DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Archived: General Questions

DarkRider

Nobody has ever experienced this before? There's nothing in my plugin that can explain this... as far as I know. I just found out this thread on Bethsoft forums and I'm taking a closer look at it: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1497027-falling-through-the-floor-in-my-new-cell/

Edit: Thanks to this thread, I found out that one basic knife and one basic fork had fallen very deep through the floor... I had to click on each object added to the cell to find them. Good to know. Maybe a warning should be added to the lesson 1? :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

• 1 month later...

So, I added lights, but no matter how close I zoom in the icons do not change from red to white. When I check the shaders tab under preferences, everything is green (unlit). I have no idea what I did wrong :(

They worked fine when I first placed them...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xm5mdlu01basc0u/AABl-PRjansAu20uBiLT7rWpa?dl=0

Edited by Notorious

I am not the right one to answer but will give it a go. The CK will get a bit buggy with the shadow lights after you check your lighting. On the shaders tab, on the bottom left you will see the option shadows, make sure it is ticked. It might take a couple of goes to get it to work, but if your lights showed right once, that is all you should need to do.

• Upvote 1

You should not need any ini setting to get rid of the grass now that was I believe an earlier bug that was fixed.  Just make sure you are using an option that has no grass, and provided you stamp around in the right area the grass should be mowed. I ended up taking screenshots in game to get the right spots.

The grass will always show in the CK, just turn it off.

Edited by aussie500

In fact, it's the changings I make in the ck (from lpineforest02 to lpineforest02nograss, for example) that do not apply in game. Furthermore, "painting" the new textures sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Edit: well, it looks like the ck wasn't in the mood yesterday. I just used the landscape optimisation tool and replaced most of the grass textures by non grass textues and it works. I should be able to post something by tomorrow. :D

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Yes the class is still running.. Glance through the Introduction topic and then either submit lesson one under the Lesson 1 thread or send Darkrider a PM letting him know you want to begin the classes  and Darkrider will add you to the class.

Welcome to the CK Basics class :pints:

Edited by Arion

I have a question concerning the packing up of the BSA for uploading with our mod, I never really found a satisfactory answer checking the internet out. When I first attempted to use the CK to pack up my Vanilla only house mod, it kept crashing. I later found out it was attempting to pack up all the DDS files and who knows what else for the SMIM'ed stuff and a HD Booze Bottles mod. I had not considered it would try to pack up stuff from installed mods that I never loaded.

I had a clean install backed up of just the basics, I grabbed the data folder from there to use for my modding, no mods installed but the HD textures, DLC and Falskaar. The CK packed it up fine, but included a lot of vanilla scripts and source files. That was the first version I uploaded. I shortly after did a couple of fixes, and repacked the BSA without all the scripts using the Archive.exe found in the Skyrim files, seems strange the mod would need all those scripts. I did however do the bathroom with triggers using the defaultToggleSelfOnActivate script. Did I need to include that script in the BSA? No one complained about the taps not working, and I have yet to get around to trying to test if it would work without it in the BSA.

In what circumstances would we include source scripts or any other scripts in our BSA? I have heard some having problems when a mod overwrote a script in the source file, which another mod had apparently altered, so did not really want to include the extensive list of scripts the CK thought needed packing up in the BSA. My next version will have even more stuff to pack up, so want to be sure I only pack what is needed.

Gaaaah, I thought you would copy the (non vanilla) files into a separate folder for packing, but ... I can't find my Skyrim files at all. I looked under both Bethesda and Steam, and under the Steam/Games it does say Bethesda, but it is only the icon for Skyrim in that folder. Where are the Data files for Skyrim?

Not sure where else to put this: My CK is missing some meshes - example, the Marker Heading and Horse Markers - all I get when I pull them is an exclamation point in a red square.

Edit post: Okay, I found the Skyrim Data folder - still missing those meshes in the CK though. Should I try reinstalling the CK?

Edited by mALX

It would not be a fault with the CK, you could verify your Skyrim instalation with steam, and it will download any missing files. The other thing is you do not use a horse marker for your horse, which could be why you are getting the exclamation mark. Just use a normal X-Marker for the horse fast travel position, and just assign it as a horse marker when you do the localization in lesson 4.

The other you will need is a Mapmarker for the location, not a marker heading, are you sure you were choosing the right thing? You will find it under WorldObjects>Statics or just put mapmarker in the search box and select All and it will come up.

gallery_42856_491_74657.jpg

Edited by aussie500

My "Map Marker" mesh is there, I was looking at a "Marker Heading" to replace the "Horse Marker" - so the horse would be looking out toward the front of the stable, lol. I did end up using an "X Marker," but the AI package to wander near that marker - now THAT I couldn't figure out! Writing AI packages in Skyrim is obviously Nothing like the ease of Oblivion's system, lol.

Edited by mALX

My "Map Marker" mesh is there, I was looking at a "Marker Heading" to replace the "Horse Marker" - so the horse would be looking out toward the front of the stable, lol. I did end up using an "X Marker," but the AI package to wander near that marker - now THAT I couldn't figure out! Writing AI packages in Skyrim is obviously Nothing like the ease of Oblivion's system, lol.

Cannot help there, I just choose one of the standard player horses, or choose any horse and add the standard player horse scripts. None of which include wandering that I know of. The horse just stays in the stable unless something dangerous comes along, then most will run depending on how you did the settings. If you have a horse for the house you can add it to the X-Marker to 'tether it" But I think it should just return to where you placed it anyway.

And in case we end up on another page, DarkRider I still have a question of my own further back I would like some assistance with.

Edited by aussie500

@Lady- Did you move any nodes in the cells outside your cell?

No, I didn't. And, I made an experiment, modifying one triangle far from the edges of an untouched cell and then click on the "finalise" button: all the surrounding cells navmeshes ended up modified, making the cells modified. I did that several times with the same result.