DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New Mod Started - Help Wanted

Brewskie

lamplight.png

I've started what was going to be a simple little town within a cave and I've come to realize that it can actually be much more than that.

I am thinking of creating a new joinable faction - The Bandit Faction.

I know we have the thieves guild, but a bandit guild (or faction) would be people much less likely to be trustworthy and full of anarchy, backstabbing, and treachery (ie...fun!). I was thinking the cavern town would be a cool bandit HQ type of place (think Tortuga). At least a place where they congregate since they would be highly unlikely to accept any kind of leader or government to have an official HQ.

If you can create quests, do animations or just give ideas, any help would be appreciated!

If you are interested please visit the mod's web site @ http://lamplight.pcgamingnetwork.com

Cheers!

Edited by Brewskie

Economy?

See...that's why I need people in on this.

There's so many things that can be done there's no way I can do it alone.

Quests, both for the better and the worse, story lines, special animations (like for random fights you'd expect in a place like this), texture artists (for new weapons etc), voice actors and, as you say, their own economy.

I've been thinking of throwing in free web hosting to serious modders who will help. It would be (your-mod-name).pcgamingnetwork.com and (your-mod-name).pcgnetworks.com, which would redirect to the other domain.

Well, This is always kind of awkward to tell guys who are new to this, but basically you shouldn't expect other modders to volunteer to work for you. Everyone is doing their own thing. This is why there was such a deafening silence in response to your rather excellent mod idea.

Don't get the wrong idea though: the culture here is highly supportive. There's classes for using all the modding programs, people are always happy to help you with any problem you come across, and offer advice, experience and constructive criticism. This is system better for the community on the whole, and sees more great mods produced.

But don't be discouraged! Everything you need to bring this idea to life is at your fingertips. Check out the CK Basics class to get comfortable with building your town. If you want custom meshes and textures, there's an exploding amount of that to be found. It's highly likely that something out there closely matches what you have in mind- just don't forget to get the authors' permission.

My advice is: remember to keep it simple; make the best use of the assets you already have; if you hit a wall, post a thread; and finally, enjoy yourself!

• 2 weeks later...