DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

How to modify load screens under TESIV?

KWITS

Good Day,

I am developing a module plug-in in support of TESIV Oblivion. I would like to customize existing loader screens or create my own. I would also like to incorporate my own movie sequences. However, how is this best accomplished?

Cheers,

KWITS

Okay, by using Paint.Net I was able to integrate a vanilla DDS file with a DDS image of my choosing. I can view the update loading file under CS. I have defined an internal cell space for loading, however, when I enter the referenced cell, the image never loads. My question is, why doesn't my new image load and how does Oblivion interrogate the loading screens during various times of game play? This process appears to be random.

It is random. That's why most load screen creators do an entire replacement series. To see one load screen in particular you'll have to run in and out of that load door to random roll it until yours comes up. I'm not sure there's a way to force a particular load screen to load on command.

They might be random, but you can set loading screens up so that they are displayed only when you enter certain cells. For example, amajor7 set the Imperial Furniture loading screens to display for wilderness cells and in the store interior. I found that the custom loading screens displayed quite often when I entered the store. Perhaps something specific like that has a higher priority than the generic loading screens.

Andalaybay,

Thanks for the post. I hope that using modified load screens is more than just luck of the draw under TESIV. I did add the internal cell space for when I want the loading to occur when the Player enters a building to acquire information for a quest. However, the results are still negative. There has to be more logic to consider with this process other than randomization.

Thanks,

KWITS

This might be obvious but did you set your cell on your load screen base form?

In the object window under Miscellaneous>Load screens you Rightclick>New to make a new load screen form. There's a box there for cells where that should appear. If you leave that blank it will just random roll, but you can add your cell to that list to force a load in that area. You just rightclick>Edit on any cell in the Cell View Window, when the Cell box opens, you can drag any interior from that list to your load screen cell list. :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This issue is now closed. Today, I can create customized load screens in support of my plug-in development efforts under TESIV. I only have to use Paint.Net to do the job after using a vanilla load screen. You can use any live picture or a screenshot from your game.

• 2 weeks later...

My Thunderstorm environmental issues under TESIV now appear to be resolved through the following actions:

1) Create custom plug-in, weather regions against all vanilla, world regions; if any existing world region is flagged as 100% and the box is checked for override, uncheck this box in favor of your mod.

2) Create player trigger zones for entry/exit portals for all cities and each area in which your quest narrative will take the Player.

3) To insure game stability against modified weather regions, add scripting to your main game script against all key, Player transition areas ( Player.GetDistance).

Thanks to everyone for all of your feedback in support of this forum discussion. This forum issue is now resolved and should be considered closed.

When the paradigm of knowledge increases is when true learning is experienced!

KWITS