DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] I want to know something...

Leonardo

I've reach the 3rd lesson of the CK Basics class and I want your opinion of what you think is the best thing to do. Okay what I want to ask is about about the walkways and below is the pictures.

http://tesalliance.o...aystairs8-left/

http://tesalliance.o...ystairs8-right/

So what do you think which one has the best functionality in-game? :unsure:

I can't decide which one then hence my question.

Decisions as such are entirely subjective to personal tastes, but since this is in the study hall... I'll still offer up my opinions.

The stairs placed to the right bring the focal point of your home front and center to any arriving guests. They are first greeted with the door to your home, leaving the porch really "not available" unless they've been invited to join the residents there.

The stairs placed to the left take the focal point of your home completely away from arriving guests. They are first greeted with the porch/deck, places to rest, etc, but are held at bay from the residence unless invited towards that direction.

With that being said, I think, for myself, if I was going to limit myself to one set of stairs, I would place them to the right - wanting my home to be the focal point for arriving visitors.

Yes, that is my meaning.

To expand my thoughts just a bit, I tried to place myself walking up to a house that I've been invited to and perhaps not ever visited before and what my feelings would be. I would want easy and welcoming access to the front door. Otherwise, it might feel like coming in through the backyard and something I may not attempt to do if we weren't bestest friends or relatives.

In any case, you're doing a wonderful job and the best recommendation I can make is do what feels good to you! :clap:

• Upvote 1

Yes, that is my meaning.

To expand my thoughts just a bit, I tried to place myself walking up to a house that I've been invited to and perhaps not ever visited before and what my feelings would be. I would want easy and welcoming access to the front door. Otherwise, it might feel like coming in through the backyard and something I may not attempt to do if we weren't bestest friends or relatives.

In any case, you're doing a wonderful job and the best recommendation I can make is do what feels good to you! :clap:

Thank you lilith. :bowdown:

That was exactly what I thought about the stairways, but in the same time I wanted to stick to the picture as much I could. :D

Here have a :cookie: and a :sodapop:

Doesn't CK Basics class 3 tell you to add both? If so, I don't understand the question. :)

You are correct Hana, the lesson does require two stairways to be used; I just had a look-see.

However, in generality I thought the question was posed looking for an aesthetically pleasing layout suggestion.

You're correct lilith. :yes:

I just wanted to figure out what kind of design the stairways should have and I tend to follow the CK Basics lessons to the letter so there is gonna to be two stairways.

Today I continue to remove the clutter around the house, but it took a little longer than I expected and sometimes the camera can be hard to control in the same cell. I know there is a few things left to either move around or disable them. Now has this marker appear and I want some advice of what I can could do. There is also a fallen tree laying on the ground across two cells boundaries.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/20921-ckbasics-fxmotesforest01/

1. What is it for and how to ignore/disable it if necessary?

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/20922-ckbasics-fallen-tree/

2. How to find out what cell the fallen tree that's lying across two cells belongs?

Could the tree be problematic if the tree belongs to my cell nor the other cell. :)

I've tried to remove the grass in the landscape editor instead I get just blackout painted ground and I want to fix it. How can I do that especially when I don't know how to bring up the land info dialog box? :shrug:

While positioned over the full texture quad with the landscape editor, tap i to open the Land info dialog box. This window will show you the four quads for that cell and the textures contained in each. To find the trouble making quad, look for the list with more than 6 textures. Right click on one of the lesser used grass textures and choose REPLACE. Swap this grass texture with one of the NoGrass textures you’ve been painting with to consolidate them into one.

Excerpt: "While positioned over the full texture quad with the landscape editor, tap i to open the Land info dialog box."

While you have the landscape editor open (by tapping "H" or the landscape toggle on the toolbar) press the letter "i" on the keyboard.

After pressing the letter "i" a box will appear with the landscape textures used in the quad. This is where you can make the changes described in the directions.

I hope that's a little clearer, the letter i is really kind of hard to see in the sentence.

• Upvote 1

Thanks lilith. :D

I didn't thought it would be that easy, but I think a picture could be included in this post just to show how to bring up the landscape texture editor with the " i " key while you have the red circle visible in the render window.

Have a cookie lilith! :cookie::sodapop: You earned it. :heyyou:

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to start a new thread about this and I hope this is the right place to post this.

But I need to ask here about what would you do when you lost the inspiration of what you do in your own modding project? Why ask? Because I may have lost my inspiration with CK/CS whatever so I took a break.

I take a break, play other games, do other stuff. Sometimes work just a 'little' bit on the mod while I slowly get my inspiration back. I even sometimes work on other mods.

I do that too, but I simple can't work with something else if my inspiration isn't there and sometimes I get it back when I listen to good music I haven't heard for a long time. Thanks Willie. :)

Anyone else who want to share their favourite activity about getting back the inspiration so that you can be back on the track?

For me it's a little different and a few words from others doesn't help me (not always), but sometimes can others activity be encouraging for me to go back and continue what I was doing before the break.

Edited by Leonardo