DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Three questions about CK basics

Leodoidao

Greetings.

I am struggling to get a pre-release of my new mod done until the weekend, and there are 3 questions I would like to make about things I don´t know how to do:

1- Insects spawns (fireflies, moths, etc.). I dissected a mod and figure out this is a "x-marker" with a spawning script. Tried to create one for me, didn´t know what to do. How do I add to the landscape those moths or fireflies? Do they only spawn at night? (my new land has a climate similar to Sovengarde, no day or night).

2- That buttons in the toolbar: "make collision cube/create an acoustic space, etc. etc. etc..." How do they work? Any tutorial about its use?

3- Sounds: If I download some jungle MP3 sounds in the internet and try to add them to my landscape, how do I do? Just store the files in the "sounds" folder, then create a new sound in the CK and drag it to a spot in the landmass? Will it play over and over again?

:please::help:

@ Insect spawns: Look under Activator -> Markers - there you will find the critter spawning markers. The names are pretty self-explanatory. Put these markers near some flowers or if there are no flowers you can add a critter landing marker (under statics) to any point, the insects will sit down there or on the flowers every now and then.

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Don’t worry if you do not see the insects the first time you go there. I found out that you have to leave the cell and come again to activate them (fast travel somewhere else and fast travel back)

@ Collision button: To add collision where needed, i. e. to prevent NPC or objects from falling down. And to add collision to custom objects because for many custom objects it is hard or impossible to add a working collision, you may solve this problem by adding collision boxes or spheres (look at the buttons) round the objects, and if needed even a whole row of them. Example:

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Here you could add some more collision to complete the arc, to prevent arrows flying through etc.

No idea about sounds, never worked with them.

(btw.: CK questions should go to the Study Hall section)

The insect spawn scripts have times set on them. These are also properties on the object you can change using the 'scripts' tab and setting the reference properties to the time variables you want. This includes making it a 24hour insect spawn.

Edited by WillieSea