DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQ] Poison applied to Bear Traps

SenorCinco

This is a request I made a while back, in the Beth mod forums. It seemed to get a little attention but fizzled out :uh: to no response.

I tried to attempt this myself, but I simply lack the comprehension and application skills to pull it off.

I am looking for a mod to grant the ability to apply self made poisons to bear traps. There are a couple of mods that allow the PC to craft bear traps. I even think there is one that lets you add the ones you find in the world to your inventory.

However, it would be a favored implement to allow created poisons to be applied to the traps, not unlike a weapon.

I could see my sneaky tactical assassin, setting traps with paralyze to simulate a holing of the trap. Just for example...

Thank you for your attention.

- Mr. 5

I'm guessing, the trap would have to be recreated (reassigned) as an equippable weapon. When equipped, it is automatically set and thus, the poison selected and applied. It can then be dropped on the ground awaiting activation and administering the applied poison.

At least this is what I was trying to attempt. I failed honorably in figuring out how to make the trap an equippable weapon.

Edited by SenorCinco

I understood...You do not know how to apply a self created poison from the player's inventory to the trap.

I see no misunderstanding there.

I suggested making the trap an actual "weapon" to be listed in the weapon inventory. Therefore the game should apply the poison like any other weapon.

Is it not possible to create the trap as an actual 1H weapon and still be dropped and used as a trap?

I thank you for your replies. Your input is a valued welcome. I hoped this to be a request of the simple form as one could either create or advise a laymen, like myself, in the ways of accomplishing this task.

Thank you again,

- Mr.5

EDIT :

What about this idea?

I'd like to add a container to bear traps, making it possible to "store" poisons in traps, and adding a script that applies that poison to whoever triggered the trap.

Is it possible to attach a container to bear traps?

Is that container accessible from the trap trigger script?

Edited by SenorCinco